USH Price Increase! | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope they at least reconsider the parking limitations on the highest level pass.  With the park frequently open until 10pm, it really doesn't seem fair that one must arrive before 5pm to get the free parking.

Change in the Season Pass offerings.

2016 Season Pass Plus discontinued.

2016 Season Pass is now valid until 2/28/2017.  A substantial amount of blackout dates have been lifted.  Still Priced at $119 online and $129 at the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Red Carpet
Gold Pass also got a blackout reduction.

gold%20blackout.png

I had previously bought a 2016 pass, do I now get the new attendance dates and the later expiration date?  Or am I stuck with what is printed on my current pass (the December expiration and more blackout dates).

^ My assumption is that nothing changes for existing pass holders. It doesn't hurt to call Universal and ask though.

I sent an e-mail to Universal and will try calling after the holiday.  I doubt it will change anything, but it's kind of annoying that early supporters of Universal's season passes end up getting a much worse deal.  If they had upped the price instead of keeping it exactly the same, I would be more understanding, but adding such a large amount of new potential visiting dates and extending the pass by two months seems bound to anger some people who previously bought that pass.  Especially since the old pass hadn't been around that long...

I doubt it will change anything, but it's kind of annoying that early supporters of Universal's season passes end up getting a much worse deal.  If they had upped the price instead of keeping it exactly the same, I would be more understanding, but adding such a large amount of new potential visiting dates and extending the pass by two months seems bound to anger some people who previously bought that pass. 

My general takeaway is that Universal really doesn't care about their supporters or fans. It's a bit pessimistic, I know, but their recent actions haven't shown to me otherwise that they're concerned with long term effects or creating goodwill. To them, you're probably a small statistic of those that are generally in-the-know and are upset about their pass program.

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed too. I bought the CA Resident Pass in April for $139, and it sure sucks to see all those open weekends on the new, cheaper 2016 pass when I don't get any weekends at all.

I had previously bought a 2016 pass, do I now get the new attendance dates and the later expiration date?  Or am I stuck with what is printed on my current pass (the December expiration and more blackout dates).

Youre gonna get the upgrade but not automatically. You have to talk to them in person and they'll give you the new calendar

Saw this comment in one of our articles...

Attendance in general over the past month has been well below expectations. In the past week, they were expecing 30K+ crowds everyday but the numbers were coming in around 19-23K, which is even lower than last year's numbers. If they cannot hit above 30K this July 4th weekend, they are in big trouble.

That's not good.

So there will be a new pass introduced next month. I can't imagine them hitting those numbers even with TWD opening this month. 

^ HAHAHA. I know it's bad, but I honestly can't help but laugh at Universal for setting themselves up for this one. 

Part of me laughs but another part understands what they were trying to plan for, it's a no win situation for them but it will definitely help us as the consumer. 

Reactions: chris.g