USH Never a World-Class Park? | Inside Universal Forums

USH Never a World-Class Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 26, 2014
So Cal
So I was listening to the podcast (May 3) and at 1:03:40 I noticed Chris said that USH will never be up to the level of other parks ( I think he may mean it will never be a resort, but I'm not sure). I think USH is well on its way there, but I wanted to know your opinions on this.

I actually disagree with that statement. I think Universal is already on-par with some of the bigger parks out there.

Given, Hollywood will never win based on attraction count, but in terms of an overall experience and the level of attraction - Hollywood is already there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Freak
I actually disagree with that statement. I think Universal is already on-par with some of the bigger parks out there.

Given, Hollywood will never win based on attraction count, but in terms of an overall experience and the level of attraction - Hollywood is already there.
Yeah I thought you did. I do not think it's a resort, but definitely a world-class park.

Give it a few years after Potter opens and yea, I personally think Comcast wants this to be big as how orlando did and It'll pretty much be like that. A park *Orlandos Case resort but Hollywood is becoming one* That had problems but they're adding new unique attractions to

Cater to everyone, Alas for the Kids, DMMM, Teens and adults *Mummy, Jp, Transformers, And for both (Potter, The studio Tour) It makes sense that they're going in this direction to hunt down the 'mouse' if you call it as shown with the first HUGE step into themed rides with

DMMM and in 2015, you get Springfield (Hopefully) Fixed and 2016 Potter for crying out loud. This is going to become something big but will it happen now, No but give it time as Potter will be the Tipping point for USH on crowd control, Ride excellence, and overall Immersion

that you feel that your in a MOVIE, this park probably won't go as Original but There are ways to incorpreate IPS and original Content. I'm done ranting on that now and I'd love to give something to Jon@Insideuniversal.Net...

Reactions: transfo

I 100% agree.

I don't think USH will ever be a resort destination. Ever. Especially not like UOR or DLR or WDW. Ever.

However, it's still an amazing stand alone or add-on destination. Probably one of the best tourist destinations and activities anywhere in terms of parks. The overall experience and quality is top notch, and will only keep getting better. USH isn't perfect, but for it's size and awkward location, it's world class entertainment.

USH is a world class park.  You won't find a Transformers type of ride or a show on the same scale of Water World at your local regional amusement park

-Tram Tour

-Transformers

-Jurassic Park

-Mummy

-Water World

-Simpsons

-Forbidden Journey

That's an extremely solid line up of "E ticket" attractions, and given the park size, its pretty damn impressive.

Reactions: transfo
Yes it's world class and has many exclusive attractions, but currently how many people would travel to Southern California only to visit USH? When Potter arrives, that will surely change. This question will be much more relevant after 2016.

Reactions: William
Yes it's world class and has many exclusive attractions, but currently how many people would travel to Southern California only to visit USH? When Potter arrives, that will surely change. This question will be much more relevant after 2016.
Exactly what I'm excited for!

I 100% agree.

I don't think USH will ever be a resort destination. Ever. Especially not like UOR or DLR or WDW. Ever.

However, it's still an amazing stand alone or add-on destination. Probably one of the best tourist destinations and activities anywhere in terms of parks. The overall experience and quality is top notch, and will only keep getting better. USH isn't perfect, but for it's size and awkward location, it's world class entertainment.
BUT THE GOLF COURSEEEEEE :p

BUT THE GOLF COURSEEEEEE :p
Here is my understanding of the golf course situation. Universal really wants the golf course to build a second gate. They have made an offer to buy the golf course. The owner of the golf course does not want to sell. Universal is having trouble getting it.

They will eventually get it. The offer will only get higher and the owners will get to the point where not taking the offer is just stupid. Again, 2016 will probably tell how quickly they want to raise the bar on the offers for the golf course. After 2016, Phase 1 will be complete.
Your last sentence makes you sound like an evil genius. I like it, Bruce.Also, thought this was pretty fun to look at. Best theme parks in 2002 ( scroll down to the bottom (gasp, I know) for Uni) http://www.forbes.com/2002/03/21/0321feat.html

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Well, given how early the park closes, especially on weekdays, I don't think even Universal believes it's where it could be.

Really, to transform it to the next level, it really needs some night time attractions to keep the tourists in for a full day, and a hotel that's tied in name to the park, rather than the current list of partner hotels. Part of the world-class experience is totally immersing tourists in the brand from start to finish for a full day, so they never need to leave the property.

The aggressive expansion of the new hotels will definitely help, and the night time tram tour is a big step towards later hours.

Reactions: William
Well, given how early the park closes, especially on weekdays, I don't think even Universal believes it's where it could be.

Really, to transform it to the next level, it really needs some night time attractions to keep the tourists in for a full day, and a hotel that's tied in name to the park, rather than the current list of partner hotels. Part of the world-class experience is totally immersing tourists in the brand from start to finish for a full day, so they never need to leave the property.

The aggressive expansion of the new hotels will definitely help, and the night time tram tour is a big step towards later hours.
Yep. Also the current hotel partners don't offer any perks, which is a turn-off for some people, but that'll change once the on-site hotels come in.

Well, that's a pretty solid second post on the forums if you ask me. Welcome. :)

They will eventually get it. The offer will only get higher and the owners will get to the point where not taking the offer is just stupid. Again, 2016 will probably tell how quickly they want to raise the bar on the offers for the golf course. After 2016, Phase 1 will be complete
image.png