USH Never a World-Class Park? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Never a World-Class Park?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly can't see them placing themselves under that name. I've got a hunch that if they were to open a second park, the entirety of the "resort" would still be referred to as "Universal Studios Hollywood." No changes, no new names, nothin'.

I honestly can't see them placing themselves under that name. I've got a hunch that if they were to open a second park, the entirety of the "resort" would still be referred to as "Universal Studios Hollywood." No changes, no new names, nothin'.
Probably.

I don't know but I think that Universal Studios Hollywood will be kept regardless, maybe adding the Resort, because it really is the only park in the world that is entitled to have the "studios" name, plus you can't beat having Hollywood in your name and actually be in Hollywood (Yes, I am looking at you Disney Hollywood Studios all over the world and the many other Universal Studios parks).

They will eventually get it. The offer will only get higher and the owners will get to the point where not taking the offer is just stupid. Again, 2016 will probably tell how quickly they want to raise the bar on the offers for the golf course. After 2016, Phase 1 will be complete. 
I wouldn't be surprised if the City of LA (and possibly other outside sources) helped pitch in for Universal's purchase of the golf course as well if Potter increases tourism significantly. We should also hope Diagon Alley does well in Florida, that would be a huge factor as well. I couldn't imagine Universal building a 2nd gate without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Galaxy Heals
If I had my way, i'd rather see Universal completely redevelop the lower lot the same way they're redoing the Upper lot. Soundstages are honestly uber-replaceable and can easily be relocated if need be. Sure some of them have historical value, but let's be honest, when it comes to $$$$$ or Historical Value, Universal tends to go with $$$$$. 

21e9v5w.jpg

The only real untouchable thing on the lower lot that's located in my "White Area" is Transformers, they can easily retheme the sides of the building similar to Orlandos. There's a ton of land available, they just need to be wise about it.

I say again as I have for years, that would require a full re route of the tram, which I doubt would fly with the studio. It would impede emergency exits for the other stages to put the tram on the long path around. And probably interrupt filming further down the lot.

I could see them using the space where Panda is though. Or if we took out that whole building with panda, the gift shop, and the bathrooms and put bathrooms in elsewhere downstairs.

Reactions: William
How about something more plausable like this..

It allows the Tram to stay its route and saves the famous Phantom stage as that is HOLY ground. It also would be fine due to it doesn't have that much problems with the

Emergancy if they get rid of the Mummy and those soundstages on that side and behind Transformers and to its right. It doesn't cause AS MUCH problems as there can be more

soundstages built in the studios.

The days of the studio taking precedent over the theme park are nearing an end. As I said earlier, the studio will be shrinking just due to productions, one leaving CA and two not needing practical set. Plus with the evolution plan new soundstages will be built. Which could leave the current soundstages available for demo and theme park use.

Reactions: Freak and Alexshow.
I say again as I have for years, that would require a full re route of the tram, which I doubt would fly with the studio. It would impede emergency exits for the other stages to put the tram on the long path around. And probably interrupt filming further down the lot.

I could see them using the space where Panda is though. Or if we took out that whole building with panda, the gift shop, and the bathrooms and put bathrooms in elsewhere downstairs.
Not really where did you get the idea that a full re-rout of the tram would be required? All my proposed layout is doing is bypassing the Front Lot and heading straight forward from Timeline Drive instead of making a hard right at JP. It would actually greatly simplify the Tram's route and no real re-route would be required.

1216hc1.jpg

It's actually quite similar to the current layout of the tram route.

Not really where did you get the idea that a full re-rout of the tram would be required? All my proposed layout is doing is bypassing the Front Lot and heading straight forward from Timeline Drive instead of making a hard right at JP. It would actually greatly simplify the Tram's route and no real re-route would be required.

1216hc1.jpg

Now that looks better. So long as they have enough space.

Reactions: BernardMesa

1216hc1.jpg

I actually really love that idea. It was greatly expand the park, and in all honesty, with how much land Universal has for the studio, I feel that they can easily build new soundstages elsewhere on the property anyway! I would totally support this.