Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 414 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s listed as “Future Parade Building” in permits. It’s planned to be added later. It will not interfere with lands when eventually built.

Not sure. Could just be that they’re not ready to design it yet. But yea, probably want to perfect park operations first before introducing that extra wrinkle.
A Parade Building?! Clearly that means HHN 34 will take place there... :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Darko
@Alicia is the general thought that a new park will be slammed and adding parade logistics early on will be complicated?

I just think they don't have the capacity to add more to this park. Disney and Universal are having problems finding enough skilled artisans for thematic install let alone a second parade (USF is rumored to be receiving one before EU opens).

Plus it's easy to add entertainment to fix any "issues" than it is new attractions.
Its expensive too, they want income after all this outlay, save it for the plussing to get more media play. The first few years after opening they don't need the buzz

Reactions: tielo
I’m gonna live in the delusion that next week we’re gonna get some universal/epic news to follow D23.

So my new wish for EU is music.

My FAVORITE element of IoA is the music, and I hope they will do similar with a soundtrack specifically composed for EU. Now Nintendo, Potter, (and I assume) HTTYD have existing music for their IPs, but the hub area, hotel, and Classic Monsters should be great opportunities for unique music that will help create their atmospheres.

On top of that, I'd love to finally have a Universal attraction with its own unique theme song. So many Disney attractions have theme music created just for the attraction that transcends the ride experience and is immediately evocative of the feeling the ride creates. Grim Grinning Ghosts, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Yo Ho (Pirates Life For Me), It's a Small World, just to name a few, but even some non-Disney attractions have successful music tracks that have become beloved. I always think of the music from Monster Mansion at Six Flags Over Georgia as a great example of music elevating the ride experience beyond what you expect from a Six Flags.

I think the ideal candidate for a ride theme song will be the Classic Monsters dark ride. There should be something unique that fits the theme and you walk out of the attraction humming. A real ear-worm that sticks with you!

My FAVORITE element of IoA is the music, and I hope they will do similar with a soundtrack specifically composed for EU. Now Nintendo, Potter, (and I assume) HTTYD have existing music for their IPs, but the hub area, hotel, and Classic Monsters should be great opportunities for unique music that will help create their atmospheres.

I'd like to see (hear) two things from the Monsters land:

1. Newly-orchestrated and re-recorded versions of some of the original main title pieces used in the classic films, sort of like these versions of the DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN, and THE WOLF MAN cues.
2. An assortment of new pieces (perhaps by Midnight Syndicate?) to give a more low-key, spooky mood.

The hotel names and some of the restaurant art we’ve seen being so Victorian/space themed makes me really excited to see the land entrances. Obviously Nintendo will be the warp tunnel, but what will the others look like? They all seem to be the same shape. A portal of some kind?

Reactions: OrlLover and Darko

On top of that, I'd love to finally have a Universal attraction with its own unique theme song. So many Disney attractions have theme music created just for the attraction that transcends the ride experience and is immediately evocative of the feeling the ride creates. Grim Grinning Ghosts, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Yo Ho (Pirates Life For Me), It's a Small World, just to name a few, but even some non-Disney attractions have successful music tracks that have become beloved. I always think of the music from Monster Mansion at Six Flags Over Georgia as a great example of music elevating the ride experience beyond what you expect from a Six Flags.

I think the ideal candidate for a ride theme song will be the Classic Monsters dark ride. There should be something unique that fits the theme and you walk out of the attraction humming. A real ear-worm that sticks with you!
We do have the incredible queue and ride soundtrack for Hulk, now imagine that but across a whole park. *Mwah!*

Reactions: Darko
I want a physical copy of any soundtrack they produce! Just like this...

R-10765127-1503922036-3772.jpg

When I visited IoA in 1999 I was so impressed by the park overall, but I HAD to have the CD and I'm so glad I got it! Ocean Trader Market takes me to the front gate no matter where in the world I happen to be. Music really creates an atmosphere and takes you right back there.

I want a physical copy of any soundtrack they produce! Just like this...

View attachment 17274

When I visited IoA in 1999 I was so impressed by the park overall, but I HAD to have the CD and I'm so glad I got it! Ocean Trader Market takes me to the front gate no matter where in the world I happen to be. Music really creates an atmosphere and takes you right back there.

I will NEVER understand the people who think Universal theming was Six Flags quality before Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.