Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a couple spots closer to the entrance that make sense for the buildings. It’s the possible routes I find befuddling.
Maybe something like this?
FD0B6379-AEC9-414B-9882-1D4A01DF100A.jpeg
The two areas that get a bit messy are right be the entrance and hotel, but a loop around the hub seems like the only real route that could happen.

Also, am I the only one that is concerned a little bit about the nighttime spectacular show space? The 360 degree perfect circle just seems to be a really odd space for anything other than just fountains. Even waterscreens get iffy with a Theater in the round.

Also, am I the only one that is concerned a little bit about the nighttime spectacular show space? The 360 degree perfect circle just seems to be a really odd space for anything other than just fountains. Even waterscreens get iffy with a Theater in the round.
I’ve always thought of it as just a Bellagio fountain. The real nighttime show would be fireworks. Sure it’ll have fountain ballets timed to music every 30 min or so all day, with convienent seating to rest your feet or enjoy a hot dog from a nearby stand, but I’m not expecting this to be a crucial part of any nighttime spectacular.

I'm worried about the current situation, since Covid-19 is causing fatalities, job losses, and the planned Epic Universe to be cancelled (due to not enough money, like what happened to the now-cancelled Universal Studios Dubailand), making it not-so-epic at all. :'(

We don't know that yet! We can't even predict if it is gonna be cancelled or not.
Universal has too much invested in this park and too much to gain to not build imo. They're working with Nintendo and WB on the park and they've spent over $500M acquiring this land. They bought it to build a new park and a temporary economic downturn isn't going to permanently stop those plans.

We don't know that yet! We can't even predict if it is gonna be cancelled or not.
Very trusted insiders here have not hear anything about cancellations, just delays which is natural. Manufacturs for rides/sets are not operating right now (out of Universals control), social distancing, lack of current profits, all of this leads to a year or possibly 2 year delay.

The only reason people are speculating it wont open is well, no one can predict the future right now. No one, not doctors, scientists, professionals, and certainly not Comcast. This should probably be the only reason for sepuclaitng about it not opening, but we are NOT there yet. Check back here in a year if the world is basically the exact same it is now and maybe different talks will happen.

Not being an insider or expert, I think its safe to say by 2024/2025 we will have this park. Just depends on the year now

Yeah, I expect one to go into Citywalk eventually.
It’d be smart for Nintendo to make their 2nd store in the US in Orlando, huge tourist hub, home to your theme parks now, it makes way too much sense. If anything I’m surprised we haven’t seen one already just to capitalize on merch sales.

It’d be smart for Nintendo to make their 2nd store in the US in Orlando, huge tourist hub, home to your theme parks now, it makes way too much sense. If anything I’m surprised we haven’t seen one already just to capitalize on merch sales.
It would also be nice if they expanded the footprint relative to the NY location. Every time I've been to that store it's always been packed.

(also it would be nice if we could see those SNW models in person)

Status
Not open for further replies.