Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're certainly not endemic to Universal. But the reality is they happen to just about every park now with the higher tech involved, even more seemingly simple coasters. It's really unrealistic to expect it not to be fairly widespread when Epic opens.
I really don't think anything in this park outside of Monsters or Ministry should see any major issues assuming a proper test and adjust period. It's only realistic to expect such issues given previous patterns of behavior.

Just about every major new Disney or Universal D/E ticket has had issues during their first three months, often longer. I'm sure that'll happen to multiple attractions with an entire new park debuting, especially with so much high tech, much of it new, involved. Best way to avoid that scenario is to stay away during the first three or four or five months. I know I will.
The risk of that is you may wait too long and certain effects may be removed once they're identified as being too troublesome (the moving cannons on Rise, the train steam in the station for Everest, etc.). Unfortunately, there's some gambling involved either way.

The risk of that is you may wait too long and certain effects may be removed once they're identified as being too troublesome (the moving cannons on Rise, the train steam in the station for Everest, etc.). Unfortunately, there's some gambling involved either way.
Yes, but I can live with missing that stuff, no big deal to me, in lieu of standing in a three or four hour line. :) I'll go when I can comfortably enjoy the park. Early to mid November 2025 sounds like a sweet spot to me. :)

According to ScreamScape, some rumors are trickling in for phase 2 expansions to some of the lands mainly Potter and SNW.

SNW's rumored phase 2 expansion is an interactive dark ride themed to Luigi's Mansion. The rumor they got wind of states guests will ride in an omnimover ride vehicle akin to Pets (hopefully with much better and accommodating restraints) coupled with modified blaster tech akin to VCMB.

Both of those rumors more or less line up with what @Alicia has been reporting.

I'd be much more interested in a Luigi's Mansion that took cues from MIB instead of VillainCon.

ETA: Obviously, I'd be most interested in a Creature from the Black Lagoon ride above all. Seems to not be on the immediate agenda.
Obviously they would not give this hypothetical Luigi's mansion ride the same ride system as MK. I could see this being more akin to Pets with the same mix and type of screens integrated into set pieces with interactivity tacked on.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Both of those rumors more or less line up with what @Alicia has been reporting.

I'd be much more interested in a Luigi's Mansion that took cues from MIB instead of VillainCon.

ETA: Obviously, I'd be most interested in a Creature from the Black Lagoon ride above all. Seems to not be on the immediate agenda.
Preaching to the choir on this one. I hope a Luigi’s Mansion ride captures the great, kinetic nature of MIB if it gets built.

But Universal could build an entire theme park dedicated to the Monsters and I’d be very happy.

According to ScreamScape, some rumors are trickling in for phase 2 expansions to some of the lands mainly Potter and SNW.

SNW's rumored phase 2 expansion is an interactive dark ride themed to Luigi's Mansion. The rumor they got wind of states guests will ride in an omnimover ride vehicle akin to Pets (hopefully with much better and accommodating restraints) coupled with modified blaster tech akin to VCMB.

While a shooter ride foes make sense for Luigi's mansion, I was hoping for something different due to mario kart already being one. Something more like Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek where you use your vacuum (or flashlight) to interact with the ride's effects and animatronics.

Hopefully if it is a shooter, they give a new twist. Maybe have the ride end with a boss battle with King Boo or alternative routes based on how you do in each scene

I am hoping that Monsters gets the first expansion. I was just watching the latest drone video and man does that land need more ride love. SNW already has enough for people to do. Monsters has the dark ride and werewolf spinner. Plus the land looks likes it's the smallest (built) out of the four.

But I understand that Potter and Nintendo are bigger draws, soooooo...

Imma chime in and say my first expected expansion is the Hub. There's expansion space to the left of SNW, enough for a small or medium dark ride or a show. The hub needs more stuff to do, the lands don't.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Imma chime in and say my first expected expansion is the Hub. There's expansion space to the left of SNW, enough for a small or medium dark ride or a show. The hub needs more stuff to do, the lands don't.
If you’re standing in front of the Nintendo portal, the expansion on the left, (across from the octagonal restaurant,) is earmarked for a seasonal event soundstage structure. It’ll likely be used for shows and other temporary event use.

The expansion to the right of Nintendo, (between Nintendo and Dark Universe,) is rumored for more Nintendo.

If you’re standing in front of the Nintendo portal, the expansion on the left, (across from the octagonal restaurant,) is earmarked for a seasonal event soundstage structure. It’ll likely be used for shows and other temporary event use.

The expansion to the right of Nintendo, (between Nintendo and Dark Universe,) is rumored for more Nintendo.
Ohhhh I was referring to the event expansion space. Didn't know that it was being used for that! I wonder what seasonal events this park will have....

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Alicia
Ohhhh I was referring to the event expansion space. Didn't know that it was being used for that! I wonder what seasonal events this park will have....
There’s space for two separate parade buildings too, one on each side of the hub at top of the park. I would guess that could be one for regular parades and one for seasonal events. And they wouldn’t have to build them both at the same time, just leaving space for them for later. I’m sure we’ll see seasonal events, eventually. And it’s nice to see them preparing for that long term.