Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd agree with that. Universal historically doesn't have Express on new D/E rides until the initial long lines go down a bit. Hagrids still doesn't have Express since line time is still very high.
Will that actually be a problem with this park though? All rides are brand new so the crowds will be spread out evenly. It's not like when a ride opens at Islands or Studios where everyone runs to that ride specifically.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Will that actually be a problem with this park though? All rides are brand new so the crowds will be spread out evenly. It's not like when a ride opens at Islands or Studios where everyone runs to that ride specifically.
I'd guess this park will get huge crowds for their opening months. Universal is a hot ticket now, and once the word gets out about Epic, few GP know about it now, but once marketing starts the stampede will be on. Lot has changed in the theme park world since IOA opened to small crowds.

Wizarding-World-P905-2023-NAMEScrop.jpg

I'm surprised that instead of having the clothing store as Gladrags Wizardwear or Maison Capenoir from CoG, they opted to make it a branch of Madam Malkin's.

Wizarding-World-P905-2023-NAMEScrop.jpg

I'm surprised that instead of having the clothing store as Gladrags Wizardwear or Maison Capenoir from CoG, they opted to make it a branch of Madam Malkin's.
I took it as part of the time hop-- in this instance (pre Harry Potter, when the Fantastic Beasts films are set) she is Mademoiselle (Miss) Malkin. In the "modern day" world she is Madame (Mrs.) Malkin. This is the shop she started with end over time she expanded to London. Of course none of the locations or timeline make much sense, but who cares-- it's a way to sell more high end crap!

I just keep giggling over K. Rammell...

I took it as part of the time hop-- in this instance (pre Harry Potter, when the Fantastic Beasts films are set) she is Mademoiselle (Miss) Malkin. In the "modern day" world she is Madame (Mrs.) Malkin. This is the shop she started with end over time she expanded to London. Of course none of the locations or timeline make much sense, but who cares-- it's a way to sell more high end crap!
I still can't help but find it odd that they decided to make Malkin's an international chain instead of using the other two clothing stores I already mentioned or have an original like what they did with the dining options. I have to wonder if they'll include the interactive mirror here if this will end becoming a Malkin's store.

Ohh shot

People think this park wont open with Express on most rides?
I was really banking off coming and getting everything done with express after it opened

I am surprised nothing mentioning Nicolas Flamel, who was French.
His historic house is inside the side alley, but only a false facade in front of the restaurant. Permit plans seem to have the largest interactive wand window there though at least.

Bar Moonshine is very un-French

Any idea which of those will be the wand shop? We better be getting those Toblerone boxes!

Also, is that the actual name of the ride? Or just speculation?
Cosme Acajor is the wand shop with the triangle boxes!

Yes, that name is the trademarked ride name. Personally, I preferred the rumored name put out by Screamscape: “HP and the Battle for the Ministry of Magic” , but I guess they went with “Battle At The Ministry”.

As for the name of the land: I just don’t see them calling it Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic. It doesn’t match the naming conventions that they’ve been using. They don’t call the other lands “Hogwarts” or “Gringotts Bank”. Since they’ve gone all in on the French theming, why not just call it Place Cahèe?

Plus it doesn’t matter what you name it, the GP will just end up calling it Potter World lol

Yes, that name is the trademarked ride name. Personally, I preferred the rumored name put out by Screamscape: “HP and the Battle for the Ministry of Magic” , but I guess they went with “Battle At The Ministry”.
"Battle at..." sounds really clunky to me for some reason.
As for the name of the land: I just don’t see them calling it Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic.
Is that really the leading contender?

That's bizarre. And even more of a tacit acknowledgment that the Paris setting is pretty nonsensical.