Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you’re standing in front of the Nintendo portal, the expansion on the left, (across from the octagonal restaurant,) is earmarked for a seasonal event soundstage structure. It’ll likely be used for shows and other temporary event use.

The expansion to the right of Nintendo, (between Nintendo and Dark Universe,) is rumored for more Nintendo.
I read on ScreamScape one of the rumored attractions for the Nintendo expansion pad will be an omnimover ride themed to Luigis mansion. Any other insider info on what other Nintendo IP could be in this expansion plot?

Reactions: Ahmanet
If you’re standing in front of the Nintendo portal, the expansion on the left, (across from the octagonal restaurant,) is earmarked for a seasonal event soundstage structure. It’ll likely be used for shows and other temporary event use.

The expansion to the right of Nintendo, (between Nintendo and Dark Universe,) is rumored for more Nintendo.
Isn't there also like a extra acre exclusive to Epic universe within the opening day SNW as well?

There’s space for two separate parade buildings too, one on each side of the hub at top of the park. I would guess that could be one for regular parades and one for seasonal events. And they wouldn’t have to build them both at the same time, just leaving space for them for later. I’m sure we’ll see seasonal events, eventually. And it’s nice to see them preparing for that long term.
What would the parade route be hypothetically?

I think having a new section of the USO app devoted to these rides would be fun. In the way that Villain-Con connects to the app and shows leaderboards and achievements, it would be a lot of fun for it to also serve as a Pokedex to connect to your physical Pokeball, showing all of your Pokemon that you've caught around the parks, allowing you to trade, to form your team before you pop back onto the ride, etc.

Less likely but just as cool to me is a part of the app devoted to the Luigi's Mansion ride a la Villain-Con themed to the Gameboy Horror. That'd be fun!

1dab29aec83e0d3eabe177ad5d553a21.jpg

Yes, be patient about releases. Universal will get more milage out of a slow trickle. There's still lots of time. And once the releases start, the momentum should build. This is a lot different than Universal Escape (IOA) opening. First, social media is a real force now. It barely existed back then. And second, the Universal theme park brand is so much stronger since Potter, and all those hotel builds. Third, Nintendo and Potter IP's will pull the crowds in, no doubt. The other stuff is the whipped topping on the dessert.