Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gotta say, I still don't get the point of the Splash Battle. It looks extremely tiny, even by Splash Battle terms. The ride will be over in a minute.

Out of all the rides in the park (besides Yoshi) this is mostly for the kids, And being in the "Kids" land of HTTYD they needed something easier for the kids than the coaster and the skyflyers. Plus its a water ride which always works after a hot day in the park. It's not for me personally and probably the one ride I will skip in HTTYD but I will probably watch the action nonetheless. Plus its going to be well themed and add to the energy in that land which is a plus.

Out of all the rides in the park (besides Yoshi) this is mostly for the kids, And being in the "Kids" land of HTTYD they needed something easier for the kids than the coaster and the skyflyers. Plus its a water ride which always works after a hot day in the park. It's not for me personally and probably the one ride I will skip in HTTYD but I will probably watch the action nonetheless. Plus its going to be well themed and add to the energy in that land which is a plus.
I get that it fills a few holes in the lineup, but they should have made it longer. This thing is going to get 45+ minute waits for the first few months/holidays and the length of the ride doesn't justify that wait. I can see kids getting annoyed at it.

Not only that, but the best part of Splash Battles is the interaction with other boats. This ride actively blocks that from happening with the layout and props.

Right! How can the same people that brought you VC somersaulting over us with no net be the same people responsible for this eyesore.
They added nets and a cage to VC though?

velocicoaster3-3296178-1200x800.jpg

VelocicoasterNet-3928948-1200x900.jpg

Ironically, you post a picture of everything BUT the one element I made note of which literally extends over the path for quite some distance.
I mean, that's fine and I wasn't even sure which element you were referring to. I was just genuinely confused since VC has plenty of nets in place. Unfortunately, UO has had a number of incidents at this points and nets are inevitable. Safety > Aesthetics.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Nets aren't just for loose articles falling down, they're also made to prevent non-riders from throwing stuff up at the coaster trains. That section of track goes directly above the queue, where hundreds of people will be at any given time. The train will also be going slow-ish in that section, especially when compared to Velocicoaster.