Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Huh, I wonder if Epic Blvd will also open alongside it? Or if they'll hold off until opening day.
Part of Epic Blvd will have to be open before the park because that is the only access to the two offsite hotels.

The question is, do they open it completely (except for the park entrance and bus areas/parking) or just up to the entrances to 912/913 and not up to the circle and intersection with Destination Parkway to the east.

Reactions: SeventyOne
When I see those drone shots of the entire park, it just doesn’t seem that Epic Universe is all that big. It is probably the angles and perspectives, but does someone have say a Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure overlay so that we can get a real sense of how big it is? Thanks!!

When I see those drone shots of the entire park, it just doesn’t seem that Epic Universe is all that big. It is probably the angles and perspectives, but does someone have say a Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure overlay so that we can get a real sense of how big it is? Thanks!!
It's as large as IOA, the difference is that the lagoon is replaced by a walkable hub at Epic. Epic is also a "tall" park with large lands that are built up like SNW or the hotel at the far end of the park throwing your perspective off.

Edit for additional context: Helios will be roughly the same distance across the hub from the park entrance (~800-900 ft. - I'm sure Alicia has a more accurate measurement) as the Discovery Center is from the Confisco/Starbucks plaza area.

Last edited:
I'm just guessing on Epic but just glancing at Google Maps it's roughly the size of IOA.

View attachment 20392

View attachment 20393
Minor nitpick, I wouldn't count the retention pond/firework launch pad in the back as part of Epic simply because it won't be accessible by guests and doesn't hold any expansion pads. Technically it is a part of the park, but it's like counting the new (now somewhat abandoned) launch pad WDW built across World Drive at DHS.

Reactions: NotPennysBoat
I just circled everything on the map, I don't know where the backstage areas are from that photo. I think it's safe to say Epic and IOA are roughly the same size for guests.
If I was to guess, I think it will actually be very slightly smaller when compared on a map, but the difference (and how Epic will make up for any less acreage they have) is utilizing a walkable hub with things to do in between lands instead of a body of water, as @UniversalRBLX said.