Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I took this photo from Biorecontruct to show how little space there is between the left building and the coaster building.
If they want to develop the expansion I can imagine 1 large ip going in there (like LOTR). One portal has to be build between these structures and walkways. It could even have it's reveal moment when done smartly but dividing the plot into 2 lands would look very weird as you both have to go trough a long narrow area until the land actually can start.
Placing the portals back (also an option) would making them hard to find.
I'm confused about the design of this area. And than there is the problem of making the coaster invisible from both HTTYD and the expansion plot (if they actually want to go for a fully immerged 360 degrees "world" as promised.

FyMuMPOWIBIQFto
Based on the dumpsters, that looks like about 200 ft wide. For comparison, Port of entry is just a little wider than that including the shops. No reason they can't work with that.

Nothing at street level except No Trespassing and construction entrance markers.

A bit of really good news (hopefully)-- when driving past the sewage plant on Sand Lake Road there has not been the overpowering smell of sewage that used to be constant. I know they are doing work on the sewage plant, so hopefully this means they actually have a remedy so the park will not smell like an open sewer all the time!

Having the dual tracks will definitely help with capacity and re-rideability. Hopefully the two tracks are different enough in experience to make them stand apart (and warrant multiple rides) but also compliment each other.

I heard a story today (third hand from a crane operator on EU) of a giant snake being lowered into one of the show buildings the other day. The person who told me didn't know which attraction it was for, but I assume it was Ministry of Magic or Monsters.
Could be Ratty the Rattlesnake,

Also aren't all the major show buildings enclosed?

Reactions: Ahmanet
That’s supposed to be sticking out one of the windows in the land, as its large scale version of course.

That hub carousel ride thing is huge, even compared to the fountain.

If the hub hotel has restaurants in those lower levels, they will be very popular for the views (and Instagram photos)