Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all's like timeshares?

giphy.gif

For some reason the word timeshare turns people off so much.

If this is what Uni is doing, then it's nothing but good for business. Just like WDW, you're LOCKED IN for a set number of years, meaning a constant flowing customer base. There's a reason Disney's DVC's are almost always at 100% occupancy.

Beyond that, if you aren't someone that has bought in, you can still rent a room or pay rack rate. The problem becomes when people focus *too much* on timeshares and not their core business...

This one won't be the timeshares. That will most likely be part of the Wet N Wild property.

Forgot about that site. It would make more sense there, definitely.
...but yeah, timeshares are an idea that's being tossed around.

I don't really see this 6th hotel being a pricey boutique resort placed in that location, but the number of rooms is baffling to me if it's not an expansion to Sapphire. I could see something like suites being added on.

If Universal keeps the pattern going for announcing the last 2 hotels, we could expect an announcement some time next month.

Cabana Bay: Announced July 2012. Opened June 2014
Sapphire Falls: Announced September 2014. Opened July 2016.

It's interesting that Universal put Aventura in as the "seventh" hotel in the filing. I'm assuming that's because the Cabana Bay expansion is big enough to be thought of as it's own hotel.

Personally, I think the Cabana Bay expansion has a better chance of being a timeshare than this new hotel. Still not sold on the boutique hotel concept (it's too small of a plot!), but happy for UO to prove me wrong.

Reactions: Joel
Realized a few minutes ago why I found the "Aventura" name a kind of funny/ironic pick for this hotel. RIP Universal's Port Aventura.

On the other hand, wonder if they kept any signage/props/etc. from that resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.