Universal Survey Thread | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Survey Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GadgetGuru

V.I.P. Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
For those that don't know, Universal Orlando does surveys (Universal Orlando Research Panel on various topics. Some of these have in the past hinted at future ride concepts.

I figured it would be fun to have a conversation about the surveys. Some surveys are explicitly confidential, so don't post anything if you agreed to secrecy.

I'll start: the last survey I saw (today) was a personality test. Several questions about my thoughts of Universal, Disney and SeaWorld as theme park brands. Then a lot of questions where I rated myself from 0-100 on personality traits. Quite a few of those traits were political or religious...

I had a survey about the look of way-finding signs for cars and pedestrians a few months back. Dealt with dealing with Volcano Bay and the new hotels.

The survey @GadgetGuru seems to just help them determine how to market their product. Nothing to interesting there IMO.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The really good surveys are always marked "Confidential". Those almost always end up with stuff happening at some point in time. But we can't talk about them, unfortunately. :(

Reactions: Joel
For those that don't know, Universal Orlando does surveys (Universal Orlando Research Panel on various topics. Some of these have in the past hinted at future ride concepts.

I figured it would be fun to have a conversation about the surveys. Some surveys are explicitly confidential, so don't post anything if you agreed to secrecy.

I'll start: the last survey I saw (today) was a personality test. Several questions about my thoughts of Universal, Disney and SeaWorld as theme park brands. Then a lot of questions where I rated myself from 0-100 on personality traits. Quite a few of those traits were political or religious...
I just did one :)

Just signed up and got the thank you email. It is from "Guest Feedback Initiative '16" and has a copyright of 2016 on the page. Seems they are living in the past for now

Reactions: Joel

I'm wondering if this 'personality' test is a new norm for them or something. I took a survey for them not too long ago and was a bit surprised they were really trying to understand more about me before the survey decided what questions it wanted to ask me about visiting UOR/Orlando

I imagine they're trying to determine which demographics favor Universal and which need more ad spend.

The interesting part seems to be how deep they're building out the demographics. Typically, it seems like you just segment on age, income, gender and race. They're asking about political, religious, and a bunch of others things you could extrapolate from.

Reactions: anihilnation