Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really beautiful. Can't wait for our version to open.

And yeah, the visible show building is the only sore thumb in an otherwise perfect land.

Also, their Forbidden Journey projections are a lot brighter than in Orlando so I hope ours will be even better!

Why would T2 close during bad weather?  Lightning, maybe?

Good for you to get an email.  Let's find some time to talk on Skype.  I'll try to help with the train system.
I'll be in touch with you on Skype soon (next weekend?).

And the weather thing was miscommunication between me and Universal Japan. My bad.

I wish they would have completed the Castle. While grand in person the Hogwarts in Wizarding World always felt off with a chunk of it missing(and of course the exposed show building). Most people don't notice it but It's a small thing that has always bugged me. 

14708438283_6a936c12c0_b.jpg
Super late reply, but I can finally address this. Haha. As beautiful as the Forbidden Journey queue is, there are obviously some inconsistencies in terms of staying true to the look of things from the films. In that photo, you can see that the Herbology greenhouses are located on the right, whereas in Japan/Florida, they're located on the left, out of sight, since it's part of the queue. Once you take out the chunk of greenhouses on the right, you're left with an awkward gap. If you filled that gap in, it wouldn't look like it does in the films. I dunno, could've been Rowling's doing.

Reactions: Aaron
Super late reply, but I can finally address this. Haha. As beautiful as the Forbidden Journey queue is, there are obviously some inconsistencies in terms of staying true to the look of things from the films. In that photo, you can see that the Herbology greenhouses are located on the right, whereas in Japan/Florida, they're located on the left, out of sight, since it's part of the queue. Once you take out the chunk of greenhouses on the right, you're left with an awkward gap. If you filled that gap in, it wouldn't look like it does in the films. I dunno, could've been Rowling's doing.
Oh I know haha but it's just a small nit-picky thing I have with it. I'm sure there would be ways around it but it's a lot of effort for something only a few people would notice...

Reactions: William
Oh I know haha but it's just a small nit-picky thing I have with it. I'm sure there would be ways around it but it's a lot of effort for something only a few people would notice...
One could also argue that about the removal of the boat house just below the Great Hall on the left. Oh, well.

Honestly, though, USJ's WWoHP is a Potter fan's dream. I absolutely love that not everything is crammed together, yet there's still room for the Black Lake and the forest just before Hogsmeade, and there's also a wider space between FJ and FotH. Grr, it makes me so angrily happy. I don't know. Haha.

Reactions: Aaron
I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or so, USJ will announce/start another construction project. Maybe if the USJ operators like the new Kong ride coming to Orlando, they can port it in. Or a stand-alone version of F&F.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I think if BTTF closes at japan... we'd have to restrain chris (Lord) and make sure he doesn't go full ballistic. as i'd probably more worry bout him than you William. I am getting tired of Minions but its money for universal so if it happens, wouldn't be surprised.

I'd blow a fuse and cry forever.

But realistically, I'd have to then get a ticket to Japan ASAP and THEN cry forever.

But if Despicable Me replaces BTTF, they'd have the best version, considering they'd have a giant screen plus the cars wouldn't see each other so easily.