Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
T
they have an empty area that is up to code (fear factor) that they need to get something in.
First off, FF is unfortunately still open during busy seasons, so it's not empty. Not to mention that it's not a building, it's an open air theater, so they would have to knock it down and completely build a whole new building in order to put an attraction there. Thats more money than making Soundstage 44 up to code again.
plus give up Jimmy Neutron (if license is expiring)
Not only do most people think they're probably going to put in a Despicable Me attraction there, but that wouldn't give them to much to work with, they would probably just use the exact same ride system, which, IMO, is awful.

The longer Universal waits the worse it will be. These problems will only increase over time. So the longer they wait, the more expensive it will be.

The picture of the pipe that is open means the fire sprinkler system was taken apart.

Actually this was not the fire suppression system but a hole for the TVs which used to be in the old queue. How bad is the condition of the building... since they use it for storage whats stored in there.

Actually this was not the fire suppression system but a hole for the TVs which used to be in the old queue. How bad is the condition of the building... since they use it for storage whats stored in there.

Yes, it was for hanging TV's down. In some of the other holes nasty and dirty wires were hanging out of them....

Yes, it was for hanging TV's down. In some of the other holes nasty and dirty wires were hanging out of them....

That would make since because last time I remember they had TVs hanging down the on the line. I am surprized the speakers are still there!

The only time I ever recall it being open was around the time for the Jurassic Park: Lost World release when there was various props and such to promote the film (I'm almost certain it was in Soundstage 44.) It's just a shame to see the space not being utilized and the building's exterior is starting to look pretty dire so I dread to imagine what is going on inside. Even if it wasn't used for an attraction, a decent walkthrough, prop museum or perhaps an interactive make your own movie experience of some sort would be better than nothing.

I'm glad that so many people are getting on the bandwagon regarding Soundstage 44. UO needs to do something with this space and sooner rather than later. If the rumors are true about Neutron getting an extension then this needs to be priority #1 for development in the studios.

Rehabs and any other attraction replacement needs to take a small backseat.

I'm glad that so many people are getting on the bandwagon regarding Soundstage 44. UO needs to do something with this space and sooner rather than later. If the rumors are true about Neutron getting an extension then this needs to be priority #1 for development in the studios.

Rehabs and any other attraction replacement needs to take a small backseat.

About the JN deal, it only runs into the end of this year. So I would have to agree with you about that unless UO does SOMETHING about SS 44 before 2012.

I still think replacing FFL is more of a priority then taking care of this space. FFL has a stadium that could easily house a much more interesting show then the garbage that is FFL.

I still think replacing FFL is more of a priority then taking care of this space. FFL has a stadium that could easily house a much more interesting show then the garbage that is FFL.

I would like to see an original action show like the Wild, Wild, Wild West Stunt Show. :)

The thing is though USF essence is "Come ride the movies!" not "Come and eat a cockroach like they do on TV!" And it seems like the park has added in the last few years TV inspired attractions and not movie ones.

Thats why I think whenever both FFL and SS44 are replaced, it needs to be done with something movie based.

The thing is though USF essence is "Come ride the movies!" not "Come and eat a cockroach like they do on TV!" And it seems like the park has added in the last few years TV inspired attractions and not movie ones.

Thats why I think whenever both FFL and SS44 are replaced, it needs to be done with something movie based.

I defiantly agree. It seems like the park is losing it's personality. I don't even remember seeing many "Come ride the movies!" lately either. Seems like that died along with BTTF.