Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Well they can rase the roof, since that is what will need to be replaced first, & maybe make the attraction taller to put more into it. Examples (if they do something like Avatar): Tall weird trees & plants, wired winged creatures, a big movie screen or a lot of monitors, & so on.

Way I see it, they need to make it where the "magic" of movie editing comes OUT of the screen & your transported into the world of Avatar for the last 10 to 15 minutes of the 30 minute attraction using Kong 3-D projection with theming around the screen (& you) that pops out after the lights in the theater are out & the movie Avatar is playing on the screen.

It's still to small with a taller roof. It's roughly the same size as Jimmy Neutron.

I posted this on another topic but I want to see what you guys think on this thread too:

I thought of how (if they do this attraction) things should go & I would love comments if you guys see anything to improve the idea:

Avatar: The Magic of the Screen & Editing

Time duraration: (est...) 30 mins

Line: Outside of SS 44 the TV monitars are playing classic movie trivia while we wait to go inside.

Set 1: We enter into a lobby area where on one side are doors to enter the main theater & on the other side are a ton of monitars like in the video here of the old Murder She Wrote attraction (Skip to 2:35):

[video=youtube;ZnrAGLT1ilA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnrAGLT1ilA&feature=related[/video]

but the monitars are LCD HD TV's & the tech is aton better! :lol: Anyway, we are welcomed & we all sit down in rows of seats. We go threw the editing process of the new / "secret" Avatar movie but it is up to us (the people) to deside what goes in the movie & what is takin out. Soon we have our own mini cut of the new Avatar movie & now we can put it onto the big screen experiance. The doors to the theater opens & we are told to go in as the editor makes some last editing adjustments.

The Main Theater: We enter the theater with a special 180 degree screen that wraps to the sides of the audience. As we enter, grab our 3-D glasses & sit down in theater seats. Now with the power of the screen, audio & visual effects, the whole theater "transports" into Avatar (our version) with outside screen theming like trees, creatures, & so on. However, our part of the whole experiance we edited is a short part of the ride & soon we go into a scene for the attraction as the Humans invade and try to retake Pandora & we are in the mix of it. Long story short, Na'vi win again & the Humans get the boot. The outside doors open up and we exit the attraction.

Well what do you guys think?

What you guys have to think about is though the building looks large from a far it's actually pretty small in size compared to other attractions. I was working on an interactive 3D (Spiderman like technology) Fast and the Furiouse attraction that could tightly fit into the SS44 location with a connection to monsters cafe where the queue would be placed. The premise of the ride was that guest got to choose how their selected scene would be done with the "stunt car" and design a portion of the ride using a pre-select system I designed, there would be 8 scenes, 6 pre-select scenes, and surprisingly the entire ride did fit! Some scenes included the famouse slide under the semi truck, and start scene. I have an entire portfolio and over 20 Sketch Up models of it! Took me over a month to work out the pre-select system so that riders and there scenes would be kept in order.

Here is the different sizes of the Soundstages (Give or take a few feet)

Soundstage 44:
ss44.jpg

Soundstage 4D:
shrekg.jpg

Jimmy Neutron Soundstage:
capturee.jpg

You can clearly see Shrek is the largest Soundstage. Then Soundstage 44 is just a little smaller and Jimmy is the smallest.
So it could fit an attraction like Jimmy, leaving extra space.

im glad im not the only one that cant believe how insane it is that there is a vacant building right in the middle of the park. id love to see a post production show again. i miss the old universal. its not as behind the scenes as it once was. its what inspired me to choose a career in film. i live behind the scenes.

I was responding to startrekgeeks comment. I call it (HRRR) The Big Red Eyesore. That coaster destroyed so much theming, but back to the topic at hand: I agree...something needs to be done with the old MSW Building. Either a new walk-thru exhibit about the history of Universal or film, or a new show or ride. Bottom Line: DO SOMETHING...ANYTHING!!!

The picture of the pipe that is open means the fire sprinkler system was taken apart.
If they were to open to guests they would have to reinstall it.
Open pipes mean rust and rust is not good in a sprinkler system.
If they decide to reuse this building the fire sprinklers will have to be replaced (building permit)
There maybe other problems also if a permit is issued the whole building has to be brought up to current code.
So your talking structure,electrical,plumbing Plus having to find a new storage area.(for the stuff in there)
they have an empty area that is up to code (fear factor) that they need to get something in.
plus give up Jimmy Neutron (if license is expiring)
I would like to see this reused but other things will have priority .