Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some quick details from the aerials (as pointed out by Danlb2000 on Magic)...

Some theming along Slinky Dog Dash:
OY7pEwK.png

Beginnings of new Entrance, Exit and Gift Shop for TSMM:
VxYbczr.png

Quick Service Restaurant (outdoor seating according to concept art):
qLIXHTy.png

Some quick details from the aerials (as pointed out by Danlb2000 on Magic)...

Some theming along Slinky Dog Dash:
OY7pEwK.png

Beginnings of new Entrance, Exit and Gift Shop for TSMM:
VxYbczr.png

Quick Service Restaurant (outdoor seating according to concept art):
qLIXHTy.png
Thank you I have been trying to determine if Toy Story Midway Mania would have a new entrance or not

Is this the first non-Vekoma coaster Disney have bought since California Screamin'?

There's actually a few. Intamin for Raging Spirits at TDS (2005). There's also a kids coaster there that is a Togo. Then you have Maurer Sohne for Crush's coaster at Studios Paris. You could also count the RC racer coasters for Intamin (I don't). Closer to home we have Primeval Whirl.

But none of them are actually unique designs ... they're all clones or modified designs of existing models.

Also maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't the first element supposed to be a lift hill.... it looks like a launch now?

Last edited:
There's actually a few. Intamin for Raging Spirits at TDS (2005). There's also a kids coaster there that is a Togo. Then you have Maurer Sohne for Crush's coaster at Studios Paris. You could also count the RC racer coasters for Intamin (I don't). Closer to home we have Primeval Whirl.

But none of them are actually unique designs ... they're all clones or modified designs of existing models.

Also maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't the first element supposed to be a lift hill.... it looks like a launch now?
The lift got switched out for a second launch when they made some cuts to the project.

During the media event this week Bob Chapek announced that he's going to announce the opening date of TSL at the D23 Expo (July 14-16).

Educated Guess: Somewhere between May 23-26, 2018. Likely May 25th.

Heres a question of the day,

If they are announcing the OPENING DATE for Toy Story Land, and not the year; perhaps it could be as soon as March/April?

Any hope that the quick service location will be a new and improved Pizza Planet? I'd like to see actual New York style pizza instead of that personal pie garbage as well as an interactive outer space area.

Reactions: Cheezbat and Joel
Any hope that the quick service location will be a new and improved Pizza Planet? I'd like to see actual New York style pizza instead of that personal pie garbage as well as an interactive outer space area.
Since we're supposed to be the size of a Toy in Andy's backyard, I highly doubt it will be Pizza Planet. It would go against the whole premise of the land.

Reactions: Alicia
Quick update from ground level within the park. Love the new construction walls. So colorful!

Hollywood Studios Update: Star Wars Land Vertical Construction, Toy Story Land Walls, Baby Groot and More – Orlando ParkStop

Video:

Photo Highlights:

P1110346.jpg

P1110363.jpg

P1110352.jpg

P1110353.jpg

P1110358.jpg

The future entrance to Toy Story Land is far too small. So pretty much everything currently covered in scrims is going to be removed to make the opening much larger:

P1110364.jpg

Including the catwalk above that used to be used for the walking portion of the studio production tour:

P1110343.jpg

P1110344.jpg

P1110362.jpg

And this barely used building that once had that Jack Sparrow experience thing in it will be removed. One Man's Dream will remain unaffected.

P1110372.jpg

P1110304.jpg

Work walls at the end of Pixar Place have been moved all the way in touching Toy Story Mania and rethemed to Star Wars land, which makes sense since that's what's behind them.

P1110336.jpg

P1110325.jpg

P1110323.jpg

P1110322.jpg

Berm, baby, berm!

P1110328.jpg

That's all for now. I'll post some in the Star Wars thread too and lots more pics here.