Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These aerials really make you understand how small TSL is compared to what SWL will be.
They problem is that it's a huge plot of land used poorly.

I do think it is worth pointing out that, while we see this as simply adding a flat ride and a coaster, anyone who visits DHS after TSL opens will see TSMM as a part of the land as if it just opened.

Watch Disney market TSMM as if its brand new next year.

Last edited:
They problem is that it's a huge plot of land used poorly.

I do think it is worth pointing out that, while we see this as simply adding a flat ride and a coaster, anyone who visits DHS after TSL opens will see TSMM as a part of the land as if it just opened.

Watch Disney market TSMM as if its brand new next year.

At the very least they will market TSL as a brand new land with 3 rides.

Even though it's not much of a land, substance wise. my guess is the GP will flock to it. more so than Pandora , which appears to be multiple times better. The IP will sell this land. Disney won't have to educate the public on what it is. They'll do massive advertising/marketing and the money will print itself. And then there's Star Wars. DHS will be jam packed after those two lands open, but sadly there's not going to be enough attractions in the park to prevent massively long stand by lines.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Even though it's not much of a land, substance wise. my guess is the GP will flock to it. more so than Pandora , which appears to be multiple times better. The IP will sell this land. Disney won't have to educate the public on what it is. They'll do massive advertising/marketing and the money will print itself. And then there's Star Wars. DHS will be jam packed after those two lands open, but sadly there's not going to be enough attractions in the park to prevent massively long stand by lines.
True, but at least it will have more guest space than before to soak up the crowds and be up to 9 rides + shows. This is a park that very well may be down to only 4 rides come this fall.

Hopefully the extra crowds will at DHS will get more expansion happening sooner rather than later, but TSMM opened in 2008 and TSL is opening next year, as the first new rides added to the park in 10 years. DHS was packed for years due to TSMM's popularity and they did nothing about it.

Reactions: Jones14 and Mad Dog
The problem with the toy story lands in Paris and Hong Kong are that they are just flats. Here you got TSMM with a junior coaster and a rebrand of a Cars land ride. I would have added a couple of those flats like the parachute tower and Slinky dog, heck even the RC Racer from HK. Those three small flats would have made it seem much more complete

Reactions: azox
The problem with the toy story lands in Paris and Hong Kong are that they are just flats. Here you got TSMM with a junior coaster and a rebrand of a Cars land ride. I would have added a couple of those flats like the parachute tower and Slinky dog, heck even the RC Racer from HK. Those three small flats would have made it seem much more complete
Those rides you are talking about are far too tall and would ruin sightlines from within SWL. They are also very low capacity.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Have we mentioned that the "facade wall" for Toy Story Land is just a giant white picket fence?

Also, I just realized the Alien spinner is just a larger version of Lady Bug Boogie. Why didn't I realize that before?

Have we mentioned that the "facade wall" for Toy Story Land is just a giant white picket fence?

Also, I just realized the Alien spinner is just a larger version of Lady Bug Boogie. Why didn't I realize that before?

It's more Mater I thought? (similar ride system but adds the whip)

Does anybody have an estimate of when we could see the coaster track showing up?

Not that I know but I would guess that they'll finish that wall first because the supports, ride track, and launch systems are fairly straightforward to install. If I recall, they cut the trenches/rockwork and so it should be relatively quick. Once that wall is finished, they don't have to do two projects in the same space at the same time.

This is just a guess, though.

Won't they probably have to close Midway Mania at some point for queue reconfiguration?
I few days at the most is what I'd assume. The way the key is in their it can easily be rerouted to where they want. The only thing that would take time is taking down the wall where Mr. Potato Head.