Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

Oh thank you very much =) !

There are mostly individual projects, except for the last one with the lodge, I was in charge of the landscape (rocks, waterfall etc..).

I was studient in Industrial Design, I joined this school for their strongly renowned space design / retail option that I envision to choose for my third grade year.
I was truly happy to have choose industrial design, it's so varied, i learnt architecture, design, space design ...

Becoming a designer in the entertainment industry is my goal. The themed industry appeals me in many ways.
The spaces and set design, the architecture and landscaping, and also props.

That's really cool! The best of luck to you with your goals in the entertainment/theming industry!

As I expressed this on the Future of DC thread...I mentioned that maybe the best plausible action may be to do a Mummy-Esque attraction..and the more I thought about it; it made a lot of sense. So much that I decided to screw around and make an outline of what the Mummy-Esque attraction would include in-terms of that it's area would be the answer to a themed Forbidden Forest area.

gb92Z2b.jpg

Outlining (because y'know, it's fun):

Light Grey: Reworked Backstage
Magenta: New Path for the Forbidden Forest
Pink: a peaceful lake
Green: The forest (maybe include some tributes to Dueling Dragons and Dragons Challenge in a way that guests can't see immediately)
Light Blue: Replica of the Shrieking Shack
Red: Building Extensions for the Mummy-Esque E Ticket attraction

The new area would have three entrances, all within the area of Hogsmeade Village (one next to the Station, one within the Village and one just as you are leaving the Village). You would also tear down some of the second floor walls surrounding the Hogwarts Express, making it albeit a bit more accurate to the film material in some way; as the forest envelops a little section next to Hogwarts Express's Hogsmeade Station.

And of-course, you would have the Forbidden Forest E-Ticket as it would be a large mountainous façade as it focuses more on some of the darker aspects of both JKR and WB's takes on the Wizarding World itself (including DeathEaters, Voldemort and the creatures within the forest itself).

Just my own take on what they should do. Will I be wrong? Probably. But I think this would be the best thing that Universal could do for replacing DC in my opinion.

As I expressed this on the Future of DC thread...I mentioned that maybe the best plausible action may be to do a Mummy-Esque attraction..and the more I thought about it; it made a lot of sense. So much that I decided to screw around and make an outline of what the Mummy-Esque attraction would include in-terms of that it's area would be the answer to a themed Forbidden Forest area.

gb92Z2b.jpg

Green: The forest (maybe include some tributes to Dueling Dragons and Dragons Challenge in a way that guests can't see immediately)

The new area would have three entrances, all within the area of Hogsmeade Village (one next to the Station, one within the Village and one just as you are leaving the Village). You would also tear down some of the second floor walls surrounding the Hogwarts Express, making it albeit a bit more accurate to the film material in some way; as the forest envelops a little section next to Hogwarts Express's Hogsmeade Station.

And of-course, you would have the Forbidden Forest E-Ticket as it would be a large mountainous façade as it focuses more on some of the darker aspects of both JKR and WB's takes on the Wizarding World itself (including DeathEaters, Voldemort and the creatures within the forest itself).

Just my own take on what they should do. Will I be wrong? Probably. But I think this would be the best thing that Universal could do for replacing DC in my opinion.

The orientation completely threw me for a loop at first.

This highlights just how much potential this area has.

gb92Z2b.jpg

I would put he Shrieking Shack somewhere off that back alley behind Owl post. I would also get rid of the fake Hogwarts Express in your scenario since it would now clearly be orphaned from the real station. It's also a bottleneck, and the train engineer could easily be relocated to the end of the platform of the actual Hogwarts express. Many people take pictures there already. Heck, while we're dreaming put an actual Madam Pudifoots or other shop there (you could use the current locker space as well) to give Hogsmeade more depth.

If they could wrap all this around to have a path go by Hagrids hut (and flesh it out) that would be awesome as well.

That's amazing Lucas! It reminds me of the Lemony Snicket book series' covers for some reason. The top left panel is my favourite. Did you hand-draw all of that?

That's amazing Lucas! It reminds me of the Lemony Snicket book series' covers for some reason. The top left panel is my favourite. Did you hand-draw all of that?

Oh thank you very much :)
Haha so do I !
Yes it's hand-draw with 0,01 / 0,05 pen & Alcohol Markers !

Thanks for Lemony Snicket, typically my style, i appreciate !

Oh thank you very much :)
Haha so do I !
Yes it's hand-draw with 0,01 / 0,05 pen & Alcohol Markers !

Thanks for Lemony Snicket, typically my style, i appreciate !

You've got a real talent for that cell shading and outlining style with the markers and pens! Keep it up and keep posting :thumbsup:

I updated one of my concepts a few months ago, but I forgot to post it here in the artwork thread. So here's my 2.0 concept for Universal Orlando Resort's 3rd Gate: "Universal's Movie Moments".

27751862833_94584d8e27_k.jpg

Clockwise from the entry at the bottom:

•Indoor main street with Universal's Monsters on the left and Nintendo on the right

•Wonka Street from Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

•The Four Nations of the Avatar (nickelodeon's Avatar (Aang/Korra))

•Bikini Bottom (SpongeBob)

•Far Far Away (Shrek)

•Hobbiton (LOTR/The Hobbit)

•No IP, just a generic adventure land

•Hill Valley: 1885 (Back to the Future)

•Lake Town (The Hobbit)

•Futuristic City (Gotham City/Star Trek)

Haven't posted in a minute, but I started a sculpt of Mara today; the god from the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland. Still just massing it out, but once I finish i'm planning on 3D printing it, hitting it with an acetone vapor bath and maybe finishing it with paint and texture. Will update.

Awesome! I thought I was the only person that does this on here! I use sculptris too! I love sculpting thingd and printing it out on my 3D printer! One of the best feelings ever!

Awesome! I thought I was the only person that does this on here! I use sculptris too! I love sculpting thingd and printing it out on my 3D printer! One of the best feelings ever!

Cool man! I've made a little progress on it, but I've been super busy with work, and all our (and my) printers will be busy for a while. I usually use a CAD program to model as that is my background as opposed to organic modeling (although I try to vary my work). I've also 3D scanned my head at work and printed out a pretty cool bust. I agree, it is very gratifying.

Anyang cool you wanna share?

Edit: Also, for anyone who doesn't know. Sculptris is a free program created by the folks who made zbrush (an extremely powerful computer sculpting program used by movie, theme park, and toy sculptors world wide). It's incredibly awesome, so download it if you haven't already.

Last edited:
1486640410-visitcardpsd.jpg

Hi guys, let me introduce my 2.0 visit card
I've sent it to a renowed Themed Entertainment company near Paris, to do an internship during my 3 month summer vacation!

I've fully carved and paint the piece (made with balsa wood).
On the front part you have my visit card, and on the back part, my projects portfolio.

In fact this firm is the french equivalent to the Nassal Compagny.
They've created the facade of the TOT in Disneyland paris as well as the Ratatouille area at WDS, they've work a lot with Europapark, and have realised some important part of the rockworks on the famous Lascaux and Chauvet reproduction and much more...