The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 954 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like Dragon Challenge?

I assume he's referring more to like this.

upload_2017-2-12_16-8-58.png

He was referring to extending the line to be more similar to how it is in Hollywood, where the Ford Angilia is the centerpiece of a section of the major extended line of Forbidden Journey that was added for the attraction.

Personally, I'd much rather want to see the area's path extend so they can accommodate more people for the nighttime show (and expanding the footprint of Orlando's Hogsmeade) as opposed to adding more useless queue space that'd only be used for a small portions of time throughout the year.

Reactions: Scott W.

View attachment 3632

He was referring to extending the line to be more similar to how it is in Hollywood, where the Ford Angilia is the centerpiece of a section of the major extended line of Forbidden Journey that was added for the attraction.

Personally, I'd much rather want to see the area's path extend so they can accommodate more people for the nighttime show (and expanding the footprint of Orlando's Hogsmeade) as opposed to adding more useless queue space that'd only be used for a small portions of time throughout the year.

If they start expanding the queueless system to more rides in the park, I think HP will probably be top of the list to free up some prime real estate.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

View attachment 3632

This is what I was referring to.

If they start expanding the queueless system to more rides in the park, I think HP will probably be top of the list to free up some prime real estate.
I hate it when the line for forbidden journey extends out to hogsmeade. If they extended the forest que then that wouldn't be a probes, and it also looks nice.

I hate it when the line for forbidden journey extends out to hogsmeade. If they extended the forest que then that wouldn't be a probes, and it also looks nice.

I don't get what you mean by this? Are you referring to the USH queue, which was specificially designed to withstand a large crowd of people?

Personally, if they did that for FJ; I'd love to see the Greenhouse redone to be a very interactive/holding area for guests, almost like how Haunted Mansion works in MK but handled much better.

I don't get what you mean by this? Are you referring to the USH queue, which was specificially designed to withstand a large crowd of people?

Personally, if they did that for FJ; I'd love to see the Greenhouse redone to be a very interactive/holding area for guests, almost like how Haunted Mansion works in MK but handled much better.
Sometime the line for FJ in Orlando extends out of the que. it sometimes drags out a little towards hogsmeade. What I'm saying is that it would be a good idea to extend the outside portion of the que where you go through the forest to immitate the one in USH, where the forest section is much longer.

Sometime the line for FJ in Orlando extends out of the que. it sometimes drags out a little towards hogsmeade. What I'm saying is that it would be a good idea to extend the outside portion of the que where you go through the forest to immitate the one in USH, where the forest section is much longer.

The outside line is a function of the lockers I think, they have plenty of queue past the entrance if they choose to use it. With everything open there is 3 hours worth.

Reactions: Alicia and Andysol
The outside line is a function of the lockers I think, they have plenty of queue past the entrance if they choose to use it. With everything open there is 3 hours worth.

You are correct. If you're outside the gate to the forest, there's issues at the lockers.

And the clarify lingo - the "forest" is the switchback along the side of the building that's before you turn down the main path to the lockers. Beyond the lockers is the dungeons and then the gardens and the greenhouse. The forest touches the gardens and can technically be set up to use part of the gardens, but usually they stay using their intended space allotments (one being pre-lockers, one being post-lockers.)

When the queue extends into Hogsmeade it's because the lockers are overwhelmed. The operational goal is to have the "real queue" (post lockers) begin to form somewhere in or at Dungeons. This requires a LOT of work on the part of the TMs and rarely happens. A usual day has a lockers attendant (3rd party) and two Potter kids (Dungeons/Lockers position and Express) running everything down there. On a peak day it's at least 2 locker attendants, 1 student prefect with a locker key, 1 dungeons prefect directing guest, the two usual students, and then a castle prefect spieling to the approaching queue about locker requirements and to give items to one person in the party, and another up ahead in the line double checking for anyone who makes it past with a bag.

Some, but not all, of this could be solved with MORE SIGNS.

Control for FJ, which posts the wait time, actually watches the front gate, hogsmeade main drag, JP bridge, etc.. via camera and makes changes to the queue and staffing according to what's going on. Extended queue can go down the Hogsmeade path to the JP bridge and switchback there and also in the JP entry area if needed. But it can also expand into the backstage space between the gardens and the greenhouse. In theory all of the space past the lockers will be used before the chains out in hogsmeade and JP, but the lockers rarely allow that.

You can, and often will (especially with the morning rush), have the line down Hogsmeade and switching back on the JP bridge while the gardens are empty and the "real line" past the lockers doesnt form until the Greenhouse.

Reactions: Quint
Some, but not all, of this could be solved with MORE SIGNS.

And even more could be solved if they got the lockers out of the building completely, and didn't let people in line with the bags at all. They could then take the locker space and expand the incredibly tight shop there.

And even more could be solved if they got the lockers out of the building completely, and didn't let people in line with the bags at all. They could then take the locker space and expand the incredibly tight shop there.

Don't disagree, but it seems they have no intention of doing so.

View attachment 3632

The space in between FJ and hippo is too small. The other wizarding worlds have them much more lengthy, which I prefer.

Yes, make it wider like in USJ View attachment 3676
More space to walk and to view the elegid fireworks.

While I could see the upsides to that, it could also expose the showbuilding much more than it's been in the past. Hell, if I'm not mistaken from my last visit; it's pretty much in-line with the Walkway that Orlando has (excluding that extended line).

Do I think it's possible that you could see a small extension to accommodate more foot-space for the potential Nighttime digital-mapping show? Perhaps, but allow me to bring this up. If they would've opened that area up, they would've done it at the opening. And I'm sure that a change like that, could have to go into approval by Warner and JK.

I want to see that area extended, for both coasts; but it can't for different reasons. And if/when the Nighttime show opens up, it's going to cause a logistical nightmare on operations unless if they do something ala Animal Kingdom and doing the Tree of Life Awakens approach.