The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 952 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It obviously means it is a Forbidden Forest dark ride which projects a night time light show onto the castle facade and also has a Aragog meet and greet.

Reactions: Joel
If they were to do an aragog m&g, they need to have him there in a dark room, and as you are there getting your pictures, have a bunch of smaller spiders drop from the ceiling. Standing outside watching people run out screaming could be a whole new entertainment option.

Reactions: JoeCamel
ConvolutedFrippery said:
maybe the introduction of the Cursed Child show to Broadway?

The Cursed Child was announced back in December to be opening on Broadway in Spring 2018. So I doubt it'd be anything relating to that :)

At first thats what I thought too (I even said it further up that I doubt it's a ride announcement), but "follow the spiders".. I mean come on, that HAS to be a dark forest ride. I'm now fully expecting a dark ride replacement for DC now.

Pump those breaks buckaroo. I have heard nothing pertaining to a new Potter ride being announced soon.

Definitely just an addition the WB studio tour. Apparently there's an area under construction right now. It will probably include fantastic beasts. The clues from HP fan sites say it will be announced on the 27th at HP celebration.

UOR announcement is probably the castle projection. I wish it was also for the addition of the great hall, but I don't remember seeing anything about markers in JP.

Last edited:
Why announce it at UOR if it has nothing to do with UOR? Makes no sense to announce something exclusively for London then. Something movie related makes sense based off the deal Universal made with WB with exclusive content for future films.

Why announce it at UOR if it has nothing to do with UOR? Makes no sense to announce something exclusively for London then. Something movie related makes sense based off the deal Universal made with WB with exclusive content for future films.

I thought about that too and did some digging. There is some precedent. You have to remember that this is a Celebration of HP - not just HP at Universal. Check out the last bullet point.

Universal reveals actors coming to annual Celebration of Harry Potter event | Blogs

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Possible announcement of nighttime show, yes.

Possible announcement of DC replacement, after Volcano Bay.

If anything, expect DC replacement into next year'a celebration.

What if Newt gave Hagrid the egg for Aragon?

Probably a teaser for the next movie then? This is a widely acknowledged theory.

We are too early in the movie timeline for that I think. The first movie was 1926 or so. Hagrid didn't get the egg until around 1940. While I think we will get to that point in the timeline sometime in the next 4 movies, a 10+ year jump seems to be a bit much for this early in the series.