The Legend of Zelda (Live-Action) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Legend of Zelda (Live-Action)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I missing a connection here between this trailer and Zelda? Asking genuinely for curiosity, I’m not sure how this relates to a Zelda live action film.
I'd like to know as well

As far as I know they have nothing in common....like besides Zelda having CGI monsters

Edit: The Director, well the film might be shot nicely now we just need a script and good actors

I does....they went with Sony the makers of Uncharted and madame web....I have no idea what Nintendo was thinking

Sony just doesn't have the track record for me to be excited
They went with Sony but that has nothing to do with the point. Wes Ball is directing Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. Wes Ball is ALSO directing Live Action Zelda. As long as there's a good writing team in place there's no reason this movie couldn't be great.

Reactions: Mike S
They went with Sony but that has nothing to do with the point. Wes Ball is directing Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. Wes Ball is ALSO directing Live Action Zelda. As long as there's a good writing team in place there's no reason this movie couldn't be great.
If Sony is willing to make the crap they do, I have no faith in this

Cool the director has made a good film here or there I’ve seen great directors make crap before and until I see a trailer with a good amount of heart then it’s speculation and people just wanting it to be good but I saw uncharted the movie, it’s a product that’s all no love

If that’s what people want then cool, I don’t want that my least favorite parts of the Mario film were the parts that were clearly made because some test audiences or they had to check a check box like using random music over the beautiful music from the games

If Sony is willing to make the crap they do, I have no faith in this

Cool the director has made a good film here or there I’ve seen great directors make crap before and until I see a trailer with a good amount of heart then it’s speculation and people just wanting it to be good but I saw uncharted the movie, it’s a product that’s all no love

If that’s what people want then cool, I don’t want that my least favorite parts of the Mario film were the parts that were clearly made because some test audiences or they had to check a check box like using random music over the beautiful music from the games
You’re looking negatively at Sony with very little facts to back you up on how bad they are. Just last year alone they released Dumb Money, No Hard Feelings, Thanksgiving, and Across The Spiderverse. All high quality films.

Does sony seem to get lazy for some reason with spin-off Spider-man movies? Yes, but that’s more a matter of them not wanting to put too many resources towards something they aren’t sure will succeed. I think Madame Web, Morbius, and Kraven were all pretty conservatively budgeted for the type of movie they are.

However, when it comes to movies they know will be big (such as the SM trilogy or Spiderverse films) they’ve given extremely high quality. They know Zelda is a potential billion dollar film and I expect that they will hire the right people to set this movie up for success.

You’re looking negatively at Sony with very little facts to back you up on how bad they are. Just last year alone they released Dumb Money, No Hard Feelings, Thanksgiving, and Across The Spiderverse. All high quality films.

Does sony seem to get lazy for some reason with spin-off Spider-man movies? Yes, but that’s more a matter of them not wanting to put too many resources towards something they aren’t sure will succeed. I think Madame Web, Morbius, and Kraven were all pretty conservatively budgeted for the type of movie they are.

However, when it comes to movies they know will be big (such as the SM trilogy or Spiderverse films) they’ve given extremely high quality. They know Zelda is a potential billion dollar film and I expect that they will hire the right people to set this movie up for success.
I said my piece

Sony made Uncharted a game from THERE library and couldn't even get that right....so I have zero faith based on what they do

No Haring Feelings was with A24...so for sure don't count that and the other's you listened are drama's and a horror films. This is an action film at a different scale from all those, I have yet to see them do big projects and Spiderverse is because of the brothers making them Sony gets ZERO credit

It's like saying Fox was the main reason the avatar films made Billions....nope 100% the Director

you realize this directly counters the point you're trying to make.
This director isn't James Cameron who has an insane pull in Hollywood

I hope its good but pretending like Sony has a good track record with bigger films to me is just blind hope....Zelda is amazing it I don't want some uncharted half asses film that is based on some actor to pull people in over an amazing film. Sony clearly many times just gets big actors and thinks you will just see it because they don't feel motivated by any passion film wise

There are exceptions but we have never seen Zelda in live action, so this is not the studio I'd send this to be live action.....if the Spider verse team was handling this I'd be much much more confident

This director isn't James Cameron who has an insane pull in Hollywood

I hope its good but pretending like Sony has a good track record with bigger films to me is just blind hope....Zelda is amazing it I don't want some uncharted half asses film that is based on some actor to pull people in over an amazing film. Sony clearly many times just gets big actors and thinks you will just see it because they don't feel motivated by any passion film wise

There are exceptions but we have never seen Zelda in live action, so this is not the studio I'd send this to be live action.....if the Spider verse team was handling this I'd be much much more confident
You’re just talking in circles at this point. Please take a break from this thread.

Reactions: Nick and Mike S
I’m very optimistic. In the minority here, but I’m actually glad it’s live action. I think it’ll have a wider reach to a bigger audience with it being live action, potentially allowing it to appeal to an older crowd. My dream would be for it to meet the tone and quality of the Harry Potter or LOTR films.

I think Zelda makes the perfect live-action PG-13 fantasy film.

As for Sony, I’m cautiously optimistic. They’ve released some real stinkers, but those were mostly sequels and spin-offs. When the stakes are high, they can pull their act together, especially when they need to introduce an audience to a franchise. Just think of what they did with Spider-Man 1.

Yes there was Uncharted, but I think Zelda translates to film much easier. Uncharted was some pretty ‘uncharted’ territory, where Zelda can take heavy inspiration from HP and LOTR. Countless films of this style and genre have already been made, so Sony just needs to do their homework and look at what worked and what didn’t work.

Fine I will bite....

So Nintendo themselves says they are moving away from BOTW/Tears of The Kingdom aesthetics for the upcoming games. Wes Ball almost all his projects so far have been dystopian in nature including the Mouse Guard.

The Zelda film I would want to see would be bright and full of wonder not gritty and I'm not sure if he has the ability to make a film for Zelda that I would enjoy.

Now, that is just the kind of film I want. I understand other people want gritty dystopian BOTW Zelda film which is okay.

Fine I will bite....

So Nintendo themselves says they are moving away from BOTW/Tears of The Kingdom aesthetics for the upcoming games. Wes Ball almost all his projects so far have been dystopian in nature including the Mouse Guard.

The Zelda film I would want to see would be bright and full of wonder not gritty and I'm not sure if he has the ability to make a film for Zelda that I would enjoy.

Now, that is just the kind of film I want. I understand other people want gritty dystopian BOTW Zelda film which is okay.
I want Ocarina of Time Parts 1 & 2.

Part 1 Child, Part 2 Adult.

This.

The kids will see it because Zelda. Grown Ups will see it cuz nostalgia.
Then for sequels, Majora’s Mask and a slightly edited Twilight Princess where it’s the same Link naturally grown up rather than a descendant. I feel like it would make the perfect trilogy ending in a final defeat of Ganondorf.