The Future of MIB | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of MIB

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This ride is evergreen. Really no reason to replace it for at least a decade, if not longer. Simpsons replacement if contract isn’t renewed would surely take priority. Potter expansion will always take priority which could go into either Supercharged, or Fear Factor. HRRR will need either a retrack or retheme, Fallon could get cancelled one day, Dreamworks needs a ride eventually……

Zero reason to touch this terrific attraction.
An option for a Simpsons replacement could be to expand DreamWorks in that direction. To me it seems like it's going to be that or if it's not Dreamworks it will be a some sort of standalone ride.

In addition to the above there is also the spring tent area that seems ripe for park expansion as well.

Because looking at it short-sighted isn’t the best way to handle it. (Looks at Minions)
I don't follow your meaning.

Let me elaborate. No one has any ideas to replace Supercharge AND are willing to give up any of the approved projects already in the pipeline to receive a budget for it.
Genuinely asking: does Universal appropriate budgets on a resort-wide basis, or park by park?

I would be encouraged to know there are approved attractions in the pipeline for USF that we don't know about if that were the case.

Genuinely asking: does Universal appropriate budgets on a resort-wide basis, or park by park?

I would be encouraged to know there are approved attractions in the pipeline for USF that we don't know about if that were the case.
Do you really think they won’t be doing new attractions at the current resort after Epic opens? That’s how we got things like MiB in the first place.

And maybe even more than budgets it could be a matter of time/allocating resources to different projects. Like how I don’t expect work to start on Zelda until after DreamWorks Land opens. Like how Fast and Furious coaster didn’t start work until after Nintendo opened. There’s only so much that can be done at once, (and nearly everyone in Orlando is likely focused on Epic right now).

Because they needed something to replace Neutron, we got Minion Mayhem. If UO waited just a few years, it's possible we may have gotten a different kind of Minion Land.

Supercharged's die has been cast. They know everyone's thoughts on it. They're doing something over at USH about it, and they will do something about it over at USF... in due time.

Do you really think they won’t be doing new attractions at the current resort after Epic opens? That’s how we got things like MiB in the first place.
My assumption has been that Zelda will be the first post-EU focus, which would put any theoretical USF projects (of significant scale) far enough into the future that they're potentially not concrete yet.

Reactions: tankart150
My assumption has been that Zelda will be the first post-EU focus, which would put any theoretical USF projects (of significant scale) far enough into the future that they're potentially not concrete yet.
Zelda so far appears to be slated for 2027. Couldn't they get a construction crew to break ground on something in USF in 2026 for a 2028 opening?

With MIB's very close proximity to Simpsons, which is now looking to be replaced by Pokemon, which is also rumored to have its own interactive AR dark ride, starting to worry a bit about the future of this ride.

Hopefully it's just me overthinking though.

With MIB's very close proximity to Simpsons, which is now looking to be replaced by Pokemon, which is also rumored to have its own interactive AR dark ride, starting to worry a bit about the future of this ride.

If people love it, why get rid of it? This is Universal, not Disney. Lol

USF clearly has more space to work with than USJ if they are using the current Simpsons plot and expanding into where the spring tents are currently. (in the 80,000-90,000 sq feet range) I have my fingers crossed that USF will hopefully get a Pokemon ride completely different than USJ's and MIB. Hopefully as the year progresses more info trickles out on what Orlando's Pokemon ride will be like.

I wouldn't be shocked if it goes eventually especially if they wanna double dip and add more pokemon but that would be over a decade away at least if not more

Ghostbusters is a popular franchise again for Sony. Should Universal replace MIB with Ghostbusters? Personally, I think it’s fitting. Instead of shooting aliens, we are shooting ghosts. I think it would make sense trading one Sony IP to another. Also, Ghostbusters already had an attraction in Universal. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Ghostbusters is a popular franchise again for Sony. Should Universal replace MIB with Ghostbusters? Personally, I think it’s fitting. Instead of shooting aliens, we are shooting ghosts. I think it would make sense trading one Sony IP to another. Also, Ghostbusters already had an attraction in Universal. So it’s not out of the real of possibility. What do you all think?
If RRR is on the way out, might as well re-use the firehouse and the plot the Treble Clef sits on for a Ghostbusters attraction. But yeah, a Ghostbusters shooter dark ride as a replacement for MIB would be epic.

They could still keep many of the aspects of the story from MIB. Training to be Ghostbusters when ghosts are let loose in NYC leads to you having to help the Ghostbusters catch ghosts. Could even swap the giant alien at the end with Stay Puft.

Ghostbusters is a popular franchise again for Sony. Should Universal replace MIB with Ghostbusters? Personally, I think it’s fitting. Instead of shooting aliens, we are shooting ghosts. I think it would make sense trading one Sony IP to another. Also, Ghostbusters already had an attraction in Universal. So it’s not out of the real of possibility. What do you all think?
If Universal really knew what they were doing, they would repurpose for the old plans for SLoP and redo it into a Ghostbusters ride and put it in NY. That way it would be a suitable replacement for MIB in the longterm and when it times to expand USF since it takes up a monstrous amount of space, and they can do with MIB as they please.

If they want to find an IP where they can make a similar but better shooting ride to relieve MIB of that space for expansion, this would be their chance. I firmly believe they can make a brand new GB shooting ride elsewhere in the park that could be just as good if not better than MiB.

If Universal really knew what they were doing, they would repurpose for the old plans for SLoP and redo it into a Ghostbusters ride and put it in NY. That way it would be a suitable replacement for MIB in the longterm and when it times to expand USF since it takes up a monstrous amount of space, and they can do with MIB as they please.

If they want to find an IP where they can make a similar but better shooting ride to relieve MIB of that space for expansion, this would be their chance. I firmly believe they can make a brand new GB shooting ride elsewhere in the park that could be just as good if not better than MiB.
If I recall correctly, Tomfoolery said MIB isn't going anywhere....and that's a good thing. MIB is, by far, the best shooter in the Universe.

I’ve been saying this for a while now. Mib is a dead IP.