The Future of MIB | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of MIB

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Food for though. USJ's Spiderman attraction has a dual loading station like MIB and MK. I wonder if should Pokemon be brought over to the domestic parks, it would replace MIB. Then from there you can carve up that entire back section into three sections. Have the FFL stage along with Pokemon replacing MIB serve as a Pokemon mini land, the spring tent area can also become a land and considering the size of that space, whatever land goes there could also be cloned to USH for whatever replaces SS's 16-24 along with Mummy, and finally Springfield can become an extension of the new DreamWorks area with a large scale dark ride replacing Simpsons.

Also according to @Tomfoolery the Pokemon ride at USJ will be using Sansei's tracked dark ride system. Here it is:

Isn’t the stuff they’ve been improving at MIB a sign that maybe, MIB may not be as much on the chopping block as some may imagine it?

Could’ve sworn a good amount of love has been and is currently being given to it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard the current ride system for MIB was discontinued entirely or had a considerable amount of parts for it discontinued. But considering how MK is MIB's spritual successor in a way, If Universal wants to keep the ride they could turn to MTS and give it a re-track.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard the current ride system for MIB was discontinued entirely or had a considerable amount of parts for it discontinued. But considering how MK is MIB's spritual successor in a way, If Universal wants to keep the ride they could turn to MTS and give it a re-track.
I can be wrong, but MIB and Mario Kart are the same base "ride system" even if their tech is different in what they do.

Additionally--as far back as a few years ago before COVID, I could've sworn the chatter was to use the tech they were going to use for MK to also benefit that of MIB, to preserve and keep it's life flowing. Can absolutely be off-kilter; but that has been what I had understood for a while.

Reactions: tankart150
I can be wrong, but MIB and Mario Kart are the same base "ride system" even if their tech is different in what they do.

Additionally--as far back as a few years ago before COVID, I could've sworn the chatter was to use the tech they were going to use for MK to also benefit that of MIB, to preserve and keep it's life flowing. Can absolutely be off-kilter; but that has been what I had understood for a while.
Another option if MIB is here for the long term would be to have Pokemon replace the abandoned FFL stage with a totally different type of ride that USJ is getting and have the stretch of land be a SCI-FI area.

Reactions: Ahmanet
There's nothing indicating anything significant is happening at USF any time soon, either. And even once something (hopefully) is on the docket for the park, I can't imagine it would be replacing MIB.

It better not be, anyway! There are many other areas to be addressed before even thinking about turning attention to one of the park's very best rides.

MIB isn't going anywhere. A part of me will die if they close MIB.
There's nothing indicating anything significant is happening at USF any time soon, either. And even once something (hopefully) is on the docket for the park, I can't imagine it would be replacing MIB.

It better not be, anyway! There are many other areas to be addressed before even thinking about turning attention to one of the park's very best rides.
Yeah, I honestly believe that USF won't receive anything major for a while after DreamWorks opens.

MIB isn't going anywhere. A part of me will die if they close MIB.

Yeah, I honestly believe that USF won't receive anything major for a while after DreamWorks opens.
I'm going to guess that the earliest USF will get something new if we're lucky would be 2028. But I think a more realistic timeline would be 2029-2030. Plus addressing F&F, Simpsons, or the spring tent area with a whole new land are probably not only higher up on Universal's priority list but also more rewarding overall in overhauling USF post EU.

MIB better be low, low, low, low on Universal's chopping block list.

Tear down HRRR for a version of Hollywood Drift that would fit within the confines of HRRR's plot.
Don’t want to take this too far off the rails, but I kinda like HRRR, warts and all. It’s become kind of iconic for USF and the GP love it. I personally don’t think it’s that bad of a ride. Supercharged however…

Don’t want to take this too far off the rails, but I kinda like HRRR, warts and all. It’s become kind of iconic for USF and the GP love it. I personally don’t think it’s that bad of a ride. Supercharged however…
@Alicia Implied a while ago that F&F was being considered for early retirement. If that's right, good riddance. In addition, HRRR according to @Nick is reaching the end of it's service life and considering how those soundstages below HRRR more than likely aren't going anywhere, the most logical option IMO would be to put some sort of other coaster in that spot themed to F&F. That location also is pretty much the only option for a thrill Coaster in USF as well if they don't want to concede that segment of ride to IOA and EU.

@Alicia Implied a while ago that F&F was being considered for early retirement. If that's right, good riddance. In addition, HRRR according to @Nick is reaching the end of it's service life and considering how those soundstages below HRRR more than likely aren't going anywhere, the most logical option IMO would be to put some sort of other coaster in that spot themed to F&F. That location also is pretty much the only option for a thrill Coaster in USF as well if they don't want to concede that segment of ride to IOA and EU.
While they almost closed Supercharged forever just to save operating costs, I think its early retirement was canceled when someone asked what they were planning to replace it with down the line, and no one had an answer.

So, it lives for now, but only because no one has any better ideas worth doing.

This ride is evergreen. Really no reason to replace it for at least a decade, if not longer. Simpsons replacement if contract isn’t renewed would surely take priority. Potter expansion will always take priority which could go into either Supercharged, or Fear Factor. HRRR will need either a retrack or retheme, Fallon could get cancelled one day, Dreamworks needs a ride eventually……

Zero reason to touch this terrific attraction.