The Future of MIB | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of MIB

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The beauty of MIB is that you can get so lost in the competitive nature of it that the ride doesn't event have to be updated that much. The queue is phenomenal, and the layout of the ride itself is fine. Long enough that it feels worth your time, but not to the point that it feels like overkill. Update some of the scenes themselves with new AAs/targets, and spruce up the post "red button" cooldown thru unload portion of the ride so that it's not just black walls.

To me, its a staple of the resort. Everyone loves a little friendly competition with family and friends, especially when its in the form of a ride and not some skills game that you have to pay extra for.
Also please add a bunch of new targets after the fusion exhaust port checkpoint. Like, the only way to make points there is shoot green eyes or hit the other vehicle (or make the ultimate sacrifice by shooting your fusion point).

I have a strong feeling this ride is now next in the chopping block. The main actor of this ride is having a horrible PR and that doesn't look good for Universal. I'm sure there are people right now as we speak riding this ride and are laughing about the situation that has happened recently with its star. It's a shame because I think its one of the best rides. They should just give it a retheme.

I have a strong feeling this ride is now next in the chopping block. The main actor of this ride is having a horrible PR and that doesn't look good for Universal. I'm sure there are people right now as we speak riding this ride and are laughing about the situation that has happened recently with its star. It's a shame because I think its one of the best rides. They should just give it a retheme.
I doubt any PR short of pedophilia would cause that reaction, they are not that closely linked to make a decision based on that.

I mean, it's not like Will Smith killed somebody, so it's highly unlikely USF would remove the ride, especially since it's popular among USF guests despite being dated. However, if they have another IP in mind, they might use it partly as an excuse to though.

If the recent Will Smith drama were enough to get this ride killed, the parks would be very hesitant to do any movie based rides. Won't happen, in other words.

You know, I fully believe it was staged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
If they really wanted to remove Will Smith, all they would have to do is change out some simple video clips and voiceovers. Tearing down the whole ride would be overkill.
or swap him out for Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson if they wanted to be really controversial about it.

as @Clive said, this doesn’t even warrant a conversation as they could remove him overnight if they truly wanted.

Reactions: Nico
If I’m staying at UOR for a week some, not all, rides need to have some good re-rideability factors to make sure me and my family are “busy” on our vacations if we intend to do a lot of park time. This ride is almost a necessity to this resort imo lol

If I’m staying at UOR for a week some, not all, rides need to have some good re-rideability factors to make sure me and my family are “busy” on our vacations if we intend to do a lot of park time. This ride is almost a necessity to this resort imo lol
Oh yeah, I often loop 6 or more times if it isn't busy. TGF child swap passage

Speaking on the topic, there's no reason, even if MIB got removed, especially considering it's an aging attraction and parts are harder and harder to find for it now (and more expensive), there's no reason a replacement ride may not still be a shooter attraction to give re-rideability. IMO, every park should have a shooter type of attraction as they are fun for the whole family and as you guys have said, they give you a competitive itch and/or reason to ride multiple times.

I will say, I don't like the idea of a "shooter" ride where you're using your hands, like Web Slingers and i'm not sure yet how i'd feel about a VR Potter/wand thing, but first and foremost, the CGI needs to be top-notch and they need to figure out how to make sure capacity is high enough.

It's precisely because I'd expect MIB to be replaced with another a shooter utilizing (primarily) projected media instead of animated figures and elaborate sets that I dread the loss of MIB. USF is about to get a digital-media-heavy shooting gallery, it doesn't need two.

What makes MIB the king of the shooters (for me) is that it proves that you can deliver a dynamic, re-rideable, very fun interactive attraction utilizing fairly classic techniques.

They could easily replace the ride system with the one used for Mario Kart, but what would be the ROI on such an expenditure be for such a dated IP?

Let the new Villain-con attraction check the shooter attraction box and free up Simpson's to Potter for something new.

Reactions: tielo
They could easily replace the ride system with the one used for Mario Kart, but what would be the ROI on such an expenditure be for such a dated IP?

Let the new Villain-con attraction check the shooter attraction box and free up Simpson's to Potter for something new.
Boh gone so they can use some of that too?
They could push it back to the new parade building at least

Reactions: Disneyhead