The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its so bad. The acting in that video is cringeworthy and the pacing (as it was before) is so up and down. I really hate the new ending, its just kinda ends... I think the old ending with the cheesy dialogue and the sparks shower was not too bad.

My first question was, what does entertainment think is so much better than before? I think it is a shame to have put so many actors through the fire of re-auditioning for a few back flips. Unnecessarily cruel and without merit.

And the ending (as everyone else is saying), what a lame, horrid artistic decision that was, a dog turd on a rice cake... no more pyro rain screen? Are you kidding me?

If anything, they should have added 20 seconds of Sinbad setting off dazzling pyro bigger than the bitch kill; setting off in the boat while the last 10 seconds of pyro continue to a big boom.

But no, you give them a turd on a rice cake...

Its so bad. The acting in that video is cringeworthy and the pacing (as it was before) is so up and down. I really hate the new ending, its just kinda ends... I think the old ending with the cheesy dialogue and the sparks shower was not too bad.
I just saw the show in person today, the old ending is back.

So what was the point of all this? o_O
The refurbishment was needed badly, it was in terrible shape in January (speakers were completely blasted, effects and sets were in bad shape). At the very least the show now looks great despite it still being lackluster.

Is there a better chance in the next 10 years that LC gets replaced by a new IP, taken over by more Potter and/or Suess, or remains LC?

Ugh my god I don't even know what to say. Just hot garbage, easily the worst thing in the entire resort. The stunt show (waterworld aside) is dead, just bury it with something else

Petition for LC to become Game of Thrones land. I mean the show is all about families such it has to be a great family based IP for the parks with its ratings!!! Just imagine sinbad stunt show is now...the red wedding experience!! And....wait for it, MORE DRAGONS FOR UNIVERSAL!!!!

Well, it's better then the mess of Lost Continent we have right now! :lol:

However, I do remember hearing a rumor that Oz (as in, Wizard of Oz) is going to replace it, with an abridged version of Wicked as a stage show and a Wizard of Oz dark ride.

Well, it's better then the mess of Lost Continent we have right now! :lol:

However, I do remember hearing a rumor that Oz (as in, Wizard of Oz) is going to replace it, with an abridged version of Wicked as a stage show and a Wizard of Oz dark ride.

All of the props and stage settings for Japan's Wicked show are sitting in storage at UOR. I wish they'd use them. Maybe they're waiting for the eventual movie to come out.

Reactions: SeventyOne
All of the props and stage settings for Japan's Wicked show are sitting in storage at UOR. I wish they'd use them. Maybe they're waiting for the eventual movie to come out.

REALLY? What are they waiting for?? I wonder if they have the rights or just any real qualms about presenting it here in the states in a truncated form.

Which is why I think if NBAcity goes, it'd make a nice broadway theatre for bringing in shows like a Wicked or heck, if they can get it; Phantom of the Opera. I just don't see how they can do a whole land based on Oz, which might seem weird to say.

Wicked is a Universal owned property.

Yeah, but there's gotta be something contractual regarding domestic theme park exhibition from maybe the producers or creators somewhere. If USJ had it for five years, it must have come up for the US parks.

Which is why I think if NBAcity goes, it'd make a nice broadway theatre for bringing in shows like a Wicked or heck, if they can get it; Phantom of the Opera. I just don't see how they can do a whole land based on Oz, which might seem weird to say.

Land_of_Oz_1.jpg

They've done it before, but Wicked was the centerpiece.

Reactions: captainmoch
Yeah, but there's gotta be something contractual regarding domestic theme park exhibition from maybe the producers or creators somewhere. If USJ had it for five years, it must have come up for the US parks.

I'd gather you're probably correct. The touring show would probably be pissed if they did a version of any length in the parks.

I don't see it happening until the movie comes out witch will probably be never. Jim hill said they're planning on making it when wicked stops selling out shows, 10 years later it still packs in seats every night. It has the poteintal to be universals frozen, like if it came out it would probably make billions in the BO and merch. I guess that pesky broadway theater is just getting in the way

Reactions: Dopefuse
Petition for LC to become Game of Thrones land. I mean the show is all about families such it has to be a great family based IP for the parks with its ratings!!! Just imagine sinbad stunt show is now...the red wedding experience!! And....wait for it, MORE DRAGONS FOR UNIVERSAL!!!!
And a daily walk of shame through the park.

Reactions: Stitchie
Replacing lost continent with the land of oz seems perfect to me. With a Wicked movie in the works I don't see why Universal won't take this opportunity. The land could have a wonderful classic family dark ride, the shorter version of wicked to play in the theater and the beautiful themed world of oz that people would kill to see!

Reactions: captainmoch