The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really hopeful for this new version of Sindbad. IOA really needs a great show.

Since I first visited IOA, LC has been my favorite land. I have extra love for it since it's the biggest showcase of Universal's talent that's not based on IP. I'm afraid its removal is imminent, but hey, one can hope.

Lost Continent is nowhere near Jurassic Park...

Jurassic Express :lol:

A VERY different Comcast wanted to buy Disney. They basically just wanted ESPN at that time. I don't think they would have treated the WDW parks how they're treating the Uni ones.

Something people forget is that Universal Parks was malnutrished when Comcast came in. There was lots of areas to improve and grow the business, and they made the calls to invest more and bump up quality.

WDW is a more developed resort. If the Comcast of 2015 bought the WDW of 2004 I don't think they'd treat it the same as they're treating UOR now.

(on Sinbad) Someone said no script changes. Hoping they changed course and eliminated some of the corn. Eagerly awaiting Seth's review, but I'm consigned to being disappointed with no rewrite.

And to think Comcast wanted to buy Disney... imagine what they would have done with WDW. Their loss is our gain.

I think it's very possible that we wouldn't have seen any increase of investment at the Disney parks if Comcast had purchased them. It sounds like the explosion of growth at Universal is attributed purely to the success of the Wizarding World right at the same time of the Comcast purchase. You never know, though, Comcast could have seen the success of the DCA revamp and then applied the same aggressive investment across all of Disney's parks.

Comcast wants to be seen as a true entertainment conglomerate, and they are willing to go to great lengths to get this image.