The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nah, it won't be until 2026 at the earliest, if it's a big replacement. Epic is the 2025 thing. No need to rush something big for 2025 at the existing parks that will get lost in the noise.
That sounds about right time wise if they aren't going to break ground until 2024. Plus once this opens it could enable Simpsons and maybe even MIB to go down for a whole new land in the 2028 to 2029 timeframe.
I wonder if/how this connects to @chris.g ’s thoughts on DKC and Hollywood.
That is a valid theory. Maybe they feel in USH Zelda has more pull than DK as far as giving the park more of expanded capacity. Wonder what this land will include as far as rides if it gets cloned at USH and IOA. Would they get the same or different attractions? I say that as I don't know if the plot behind SNW in Hollywood has the space for that original boat ride if that is still happening.

You don’t think they’ll start the land plans from scratch entirely then? The boat ride sounded very grand sure but everything else being just reskins would’ve been pretty underwhelming imo.
Last I heard they were considering a regular dark boat ride, minus the flying part, but that was a couple years ago at this point.

Last I heard they were considering a regular dark boat ride, minus the flying part, but that was a couple years ago at this point.
I guess when I said they should go grander I meant with the land itself not the headliner ride. Universal has absolutely nailed land atmosphere and making the lands attraction in and of themselves and there’s so much to do with the world of Zelda that just reskinning everything beyond the ride would’ve felt weirdly unambitious compared to what they’ve been doing with their new and upcoming lands lately.

I guess when I said they should go grander I meant with the land itself not the headliner ride. Universal has absolutely nailed land atmosphere and making the lands attraction in and of themselves and there’s so much to do with the world of Zelda that just reskinning everything beyond the ride would’ve felt weirdly unambitious compared to what they’ve been doing with their new and upcoming lands lately.
Hogsmeade and Kidzone say hi. :lmao:

Honestly I am hoping, albeit I'm not expecting it, for LOTR. I do love Zelda, Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time, but I feel the GP does not know this character to the degree of Mario, Luigi, Peach....Will the movie change perception I guess we will see. I know I'm totally in the minority here so shred me if you must lol.

Reactions: OrlLover
I really hope it's not just a simple reskin.

Although, Zelda would be the IP that would fit that the best.
“Reskin” is such a weird term. There is a huge/varying scale with quality and design within that term. Especially because generally it comes with negative connotations.

Reskin could define:
- Hogsmeade 1.0
- Simpsons fast food boulevard/the land itself
- Whatever’s happening in Kidzone
- ToT into Mission Breakout
- Alien into Stitch

I'm hoping this somehow means Pokemon where KidZone is can still happen... USF needs it. Really wish they would've just waited a few more months before closing it down.

Reactions: belloq87
As I was telling the folks who passed the info along to me last night, this building has notoriously had non-stop plumbing issues. My first guess was they were maybe going to close it temporarily ahead of the summer rush and attempt to repipe it some more. Now that we know it is closing, I honestly would not be surprised to see it just sit for awhile before anything happens. Because it may be better for the park to turn off all its pipes and let it sit than continue to try to fix it and spend more money... when they know they're just going to replace it eventually anyway at this point.

In other words, I bet something got greenlit, but I question whether we see action on it right away.
Plumbing issues?

I know everyone is in full speculation mode, but I just feel kinda sad. I mean, this was always expected. Just sad to see an original (although altered) attraction leaving, that had some impressive and rather innovative effects.

RIP water tunnel.
I really liked this show a lot, I feel like it was really underrated. Sure it was corny, but it's a theme park walkthrough about Atlantis, what did you expect?

I'm hoping this somehow means Pokemon where KidZone is can still happen... USF needs it. Really wish they would've just waited a few more months before closing it down.
They're making KidZone a DreamWorks land. I wouldn't assume anything else will come there outside of an expansion of that land somewhere down the line
I know everyone is in full speculation mode, but I just feel kinda sad. I mean, this was always expected. Just sad to see an original (although altered) attraction leaving, that had some impressive and rather innovative effects.

RIP water tunnel.
Listen, I loved the water tunnel...but outside of that the show was pretty lame.

The water tunnel and the facade was great. Everything else blows.

Seriously, I don’t really get people who say the original version was better tho. Why?

Last edited:
This was foreseeable, but came by surprise.
Man, the facade of this show made 8 yo me think it was going to be an Indiana Jones adventure/Mummy type ride; I was very sad when it was just going through a smelly water tunnel and seeing some old dudes splashing water at each other…
Awesome decorations tho