The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I was telling the folks who passed the info along to me last night, this building has notoriously had non-stop plumbing issues. My first guess was they were maybe going to close it temporarily ahead of the summer rush and attempt to repipe it some more. Now that we know it is closing, I honestly would not be surprised to see it just sit for awhile before anything happens. Because it may be better for the park to turn off all its pipes and let it sit than continue to try to fix it and spend more money... when they know they're just going to replace it eventually anyway at this point.

In other words, I bet something got greenlit, but I question whether we see action on it right away.

Honestly, the biggest lost in Lost Continent at this point would be the talking fountain. Hopefully they could move it to Port of Entry.
The fountain and Mythos would be big losses for sure.

Maybe I'm just dumb - but even if this is because of the SMB success .. do they think a Zelda movie would have just as much success? Because I'm not sure lol.

The fountain and Mythos would be big losses for sure.

Maybe I'm just dumb - but even if this is because of the SMB success .. do they think a Zelda movie would have just as much success? Because I'm not sure lol.
I don't think they think that, no.

But it probably proves to them that they can build around Nintendo in a similar way they built around HP.

I don't think they think that, no.

But it probably proves to them that they can build around Nintendo in a similar way they built around HP.
They for sure can - hopefully they knew that before the movie came out!

I've always looked at Nintendo being their next Potter. And a resort having 2 IPs that are that large is a gamechanger. I'm not sure Disney could even claim to have that.

They already have design documents/concept art for a Zelda boat ride that goes through that show building...

Damn, it's crazy to see an original ride go from IOA. I'm very glad I got to ride this when I went to Florida in 2020. Hoping whatever replaces Poseidon's is the shot in the arm Lost Continent deserves.

And, please, at least keep the vortex tunnel.

Wait. What? I was under the impression the plans called for tearing down the building.
The flying boat ride concept would've replaced both Poseidon and Sindbad areas of the land. The pathways and Mythos placement would've likely remained with new theming for area marketplace and restaurant facade. That plan did not get out of blue sky as far as I had heard though. And all suspended patent attractions were canceled.

I will say that at my SMB screening, the two Zelda commercials they played got enthusiastic, but not boisterous responses from the 7 year olds.
Wait. What? I was under the impression the plans called for tearing down the building.
It was concept art of a boat ride going through the old Poseidon's Fury building. The boat was The King of Red Lions.

The link's here, at Nov 19th 2021: Universal Orlando expansion

The flying boat ride concept would've replaced both Poseidon and Sindbad areas of the land. The pathways and Mythos placement would've likely remained with new theming for area marketplace and restaurant facade. That plan did not get out of blue sky as far as I had heard though. And all suspended patent attractions were canceled.
Good, they can and should go way grander than those early plans.

Good, they can and should go way grander than those early plans.
What I am describing is likely the grandest plan they had. It would have demolished two attractions and build a massive innovative indoor dark boat ride with a huge footprint. Most other blue sky concepts repurposed the existing stage and existing walk through buildings, so if anything, I worry we may have missed out on the best option.

What I am describing is likely the grandest plan they had. It would have demolished two attractions and build a massive innovative indoor dark boat ride with a huge footprint. Most other blue sky concepts repurposed the existing stage and existing walk through buildings, so if anything, I worry we may have missed out on the best option.

Or it’s neither of these options and leaks out of UC have been pretty tight since 2020.

You don’t think they’ll start the land plans from scratch entirely then? The boat ride sounded very grand sure but everything else being just reskins would’ve been pretty underwhelming imo.