The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being realistic, F&F ride system will probably be reused at some point. Could create a new attraction in less than a year if Universal wanted to push something at USF quickly before they start working on larger replacements for Rockit, Simpsons, or whenever E.T. gets a decent refurbishment.

View attachment 20204
This would be the easiest retheme in the history of theme parks lol
Isn't the ride mechanism itself the problem. It's a lame screen ride for 95%. Universal needs to understand that by now.
I don't need another coaster in a box, Universal has enough of them but a fun dark ride, teamed every inch to the level of Secret Life of Pets would be a much needed family ride.

Isn't the ride mechanism itself the problem. It's a lame screen ride for 95%. Universal needs to understand that by now.
I don't need another coaster in a box, Universal has enough of them but a fun dark ride, teamed every inch to the level of Secret Life of Pets would be a much needed family ride.

Obviously, we all want a newly built dark ride, but realistically that's an expensive ride system I doubt they want to throw away. It's only 5 years old.

Strategically, if DreamWorks is being worked on now (2024) and Simpsons has an expiration date of later this decade (2028-30), it leaves them some room between 2026-27 to do something at USF unless they just want Zelda/LC for those years.

Last edited:
It's not so much the ride system. If the story and film is good, like it is in Kong, it could work. The issue with F&F is that it's not the type of ride that is consistent with the IP , and thus doesn't come close to expectations. . And the film is absolutely terrible and amateurish. This could work for Potter (Knights Bus) or BTTF if a good film is made.

Going to beat the deadest of horses here... but a film swap can only go so far since there's already a fair amount of simulator attractions in the park. If they were to keep the ride system there needs to be a layout change or something that makes it a bit more like Kong with several dynamic scenes, even if they're mostly screens.

Curious, does anyone have a track layout diagram for F&F and Kong? I know F&F is physically larger but Kong just feels larger scale and longer, curious to see how space is used in each.

Going to beat the deadest of horses here... but a film swap can only go so far since there's already a fair amount of simulator attractions in the park. If they were to keep the ride system there needs to be a layout change or something that makes it a bit more like Kong with several dynamic scenes, even if they're mostly screens.

Curious, does anyone have a track layout diagram for F&F and Kong? I know F&F is physically larger but Kong just feels larger scale and longer, curious to see how space is used in each.
There is unfortunately no way to add space in that building since the 360 tunnel is massive.

They're about the same, they're both just a giant loop with Kong having the extra outdoor section. Kong feels longer because you essentially stop for 2 pre-tunnel scenes and the animatronic, whereas F&F has you speeding by the only physical sections of the ride before spending time in the Musion scene or the exit.

Maybe we get lucky and we see them redo the entire building/start from scratch, but for now we can all hope for just a retheme in the meantime.

Being realistic, F&F ride system will probably be reused at some point. Could create a new attraction in less than a year if Universal wanted to push something at USF quickly before they start working on larger replacements for Rockit, Simpsons, or whenever E.T. gets a decent refurbishment.

View attachment 20204
This would be the easiest retheme in the history of theme parks lol
I like the land concept, but again I would just fit the whole ride for a BTTF indoor coaster. You have a massive building. Use it for a fun ride system.

If it’s true, I hope they at least have a replacement in mind before shutting it down. I know it’s a terrible ride, but I don’t want another Poseidon’s Fury situatiin

Or did I just misread this post and Supercharged will be back open after HHN?
Just read the article. It sounds like the possible plan is to close Supercharged in August and through the entirety of horror nights. This is because there is a house in the queue that makes it so that the ride cannot operate when the house is up and running. Last year they would open supercharged during the day but close it early so that they could use its queue for the house that night.

The current rumor is that they’ll simply leave supercharged shuttered because the attendance when they did bother to open it during HHN was nonexistent and it was just an expense.

If this is the plan, Supercharged could very well reopen after HHN but the ‘site that mustn’t be named’ cites Poseidons Fury and Barney as two attractions which were victim to similar cost-cutting closures which were to shutter permanently soon after.

HHN is one of the busiest times of the year for the park, and if one of their marquee attractions is going to be closed during it because they acknowledge the ridership does not outweigh the cost of operation, maybe Uni is finally letting our prayers come true

Last edited: