The Fate of the Furious (2017) | Inside Universal Forums

The Fate of the Furious (2017)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Surprised this isn't here. It has already been said that Fast Eight (as Vin is saying multiple time) will start production in 2016 as we know that the film will be released in April 2017. But a update came today regarding the film and the future of the franchise by Vin on his Facebook account.

The fans of the Fast & Furious SAGA are the best fans in the world... Since I became the Producer in 2008, you have been with me every step of the way... literally giving me feedback that proved invaluable. Thank you.

My producing partner Neal would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet... let alone seen a script.

Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision... they have been like family... I promised the studio I would deliver one last Trilogy to end the saga.

I will announce the directors on my next post...

Thoughts?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
CgbSwi0WQAEB3Ay.jpg

The official teaser poster is now here for #Furious8.

The film stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Charlize Theron, Michelle Rodriguez, and Scott Eastwood; as the film comes out on April 14th.

Reactions: Scott W.
I never do this but because of that casting which i was waiting for the past two months for....
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSS

Let the fanboy fuel go through you..

As for the cast; holy crap its such a great cast. Its a cast that would get me into the theatre on day one, especially with the A-List actors of Kurt, Helen, and Charlize. Not to mention, that I hope that Jason Statham gets a better role for this one, as he was all sorts of badass for Fast7; much like The Rock.

The trailer unleashes tonight as a poster and new title for the film has come out; as it will be titled as "The Fate of the Furious"..

Czaa1YtVIAAf-SP.jpg:large

to @testtrack321, Should it be best we change the title of the thread to the official film title?

I have a friend that worked on this movie and he would snapchat video from the set. Its turning more and more into a caricature of The fast and Furious. If that makes any sense. I actually like most the movies. They can be quite corny but theyre fun. At least up until the most recent one...Theyre just taking themselves way too serious now. Also apparently Vin Diesel is a pre-madonna

I have to admit, while the trailer may of shown..just a hair bit too much; it was goddamn awesome. I am very interested to see how they handle Charlize and Jason, especially Jason; as I am excited to see how they use him after the last film.

It was over the top and so stupid but damn I'm gonna be sitting in my 4DX car opening day seeing it. I do wonder why no Helen Mirren as she is a lead.

It was over the top and so stupid but damn I'm gonna be sitting in my 4DX car opening day seeing it. I do wonder why no Helen Mirren as she is a lead.

I thought some individuals that had a set report earlier in the year state that she won't have a major role in this film, but the others to come. Could be wrong though on that one..

And of-course it was over the top and to be frank, I don't mind that at all.