Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We’ve only been there a couple of times but even on a regular crowded day its not that easy to move around. I don’t know how it was when Transformers or the Mummy opened but I’m pretty sure this will be way worse than both. I just picture hundreds of people just standing around with no movement at all just waiting on their turn to enter the land, and hopefully the app doesn’t crash because good luck trying to make your way to the reservation kiosks LOL
Yeah, yesterday got pretty congested from usual post-holiday crowds, so I completely understand the concerns.

Also, since I don't think anyone's posted pics of it yet, much to my surprise, here's a photo of the reservation Kiosk area. It was pretty out of the way being across from the stroller parking that I forgot to take a look after leaving Transformers.

20230103_143924.jpg

Yeah, yesterday got pretty congested from usual post-holiday crowds, so I completely understand the concerns.

Also, since I don't think anyone's posted pics of it yet, much to my surprise, here's a photo of the reservation Kiosk area. It was pretty out of the way being across from the stroller parking that I forgot to take a look after leaving Transformers.

20230103_143924.jpg
lol

See this is the kinda crap, i'm talking about with bad management. So your going to have people come allllllll the way down to the lower lot to reserve a spot that could be hours from then. I just don't see the logic have it in the upper lot so your not flooding the lower lot with more people who do not need to be there.
It literally feels like sometimes management has never stepped inside the park during its peak season and see how insane the park gets.

lol

See this is the kinda crap, i'm talking about with bad management. So your going to have people come allllllll the way down to the lower lot to reserve a spot that could be hours from then. I just don't see the logic have it in the upper lot so your not flooding the lower lot with more people who do not need to be there.
Man why does everything you post have to be a complaint saying people should be fired and whatnot. You can make reservations from the app, you don't need these machines. Also these have the benefit of being sorta out of the way so it won't get in the way of guest paths

Man why does everything you post have to be a complaint saying people should be fired and whatnot. You can make reservations from the app, you don't need these machines. Also these have the benefit of being sorta out of the way so it won't get in the way of guest paths
There are tons of places in the upper lot you could put these that are "dead" area's

Because while yes most people will use the app, having these downstairs you'll still get guests going down there and printing these out just to go back up stairs and having to come down again.

The Escalators/lower lot do not need one extra person there just because.

And like over selling express passes it feels like management, doesn't understand what an average day in the parks are like at all and since they are making decisions that 9/10 arent for the benefit of guests, its fine to call out crap when they do it.

Potter was very manageable with crowds when it opened up. That was mainly because they screwed over their AP holders, but they have since then learned their lesson.

Nintendo is going to be an entirely different beast. I would expect a lot of crowded days.

With Potter I think it also helped that the upper level has a lot more room to direct crowds and move around. The lower level is a completely different story.

There are tons of places in the upper lot you could put these that are "dead" area's

Because while yes most people will use the app, having these downstairs you'll still get guests going down there and printing these out just to go back up stairs and having to come down again.

How do you know that there won't ALSO be reservation booths on the Upper Lot???

Think of it the other way round, you get all the way down to the Lower Lot, get told you need to make a reservation for the land, but the only way you can do that is to go all the way back up to some obscure location on the upper lot?

They need them on both upper and lower IMO. Hopefully thats what we will get.

How do you know that there won't ALSO be reservation booths on the Upper Lot???

Think of it the other way round, you get all the way down to the Lower Lot, get told you need to make a reservation for the land, but the only way you can do that is to go all the way back up to some obscure location on the upper lot?

They need them on both upper and lower IMO. Hopefully thats what we will get.
I hope so, but just doubt it they will have two locations.

Honestly hopefully they have a mini Nintendo guide that comes with all "new" tickets because while we all will know whats going on half the people going into the park wont.

The Escalators are going to be a godamn nightmare.
I went when Jurassic World opened.....that was when the parks were quiet and it was a nightmare.

They put the kiosks on the Lower Lot near the entrance to the land because they're designed to support the people who went all the way down there only to learn they needed a reservation. It wouldn't make sense to put them on the upper lot. No amount of signage is going to convince people heading right to Nintendo that they need to stop at this kiosk first.

(And, again, many people will use the app.)

They put the kiosks on the Lower Lot near the entrance to the land because they're designed to support the people who went all the way down there only to learn they needed a reservation. It wouldn't make sense to put them on the upper lot. No amount of signage is going to convince people heading right to Nintendo that they need to stop at this kiosk first.

(And, again, many people will use the app.)
Also, it’s easier for TMs to direct the unaware guests to the kiosks than make you download an app and walk them through the navigation to make a reservation.

Since I'm probably gonna be too busy with my con to check this right before it's time, I just wanted to preemptively wish all the APs here good luck.
There's no telling just how hard things will be, since this is pretty much unprecedented as far as I know. I don't think this'll compare to when reopening reservations opened. That being said:
hold-on-to-your-butts-jurrasic-park.gif

I'll probably try to briefly multitask here and the USH twitter for anything that could make things easier since I'll be stuck with my phone.

"The Wrap" media company posted some interesting info about the rumored Donkey Kong coaster in Hollywood in their review of SNW:

"But fear not – we’ve been hearing that Universal Studios Hollywood is already looking at an expansion for Super Nintendo World and a spot has already been carved out for a Donkey Kong-themed area that will include dining and retail opportunities plus a brand-new coaster. (The land will open in Japan in 2024.)

Jon Corfino (Universal creative head for Hollywood) was tight-lipped about the possible expansion.

“I can say there are some very exciting things that are on the way,” Corfino said."

"The Wrap" media company posted some interesting info about the rumored Donkey Kong coaster in Hollywood in their review of SNW:

"But fear not – we’ve been hearing that Universal Studios Hollywood is already looking at an expansion for Super Nintendo World and a spot has already been carved out for a Donkey Kong-themed area that will include dining and retail opportunities plus a brand-new coaster. (The land will open in Japan in 2024.)

Jon Corfino (Universal creative head for Hollywood) was tight-lipped about the possible expansion.

“I can say there are some very exciting things that are on the way,” Corfino said."

Not a surprise but no less exciting nonetheless! The only real question is where is it going?

But interesting they use the word “expansion” implying it won’t replace any rides.

"And don’t expect the same experience twice, either. “Every game is going to be unique and you don’t always win and you might never win. If we’re in a car together, we’re looking in opposite directions,” Corfino explained. “We’re in a race and there are a bunch of characters all over the place. I don’t think I’ve gotten the same score twice. When you’re tied into the app, the more you succeed, the difficulty elevates the next time you do it.” That kind of bespoke experience is what sets this ride apart from other attractions that have attempted a similarly game-ified approach."

I knew the minigames in the land got harder in difficulty the more you did them but I never realized the ride itself gets harder too!

Last edited:
Fantastic to get confirmation they have a DKC location planned and just need the go ahead. Will be very interesting to see what soundstages get levelled in the lower lot this summer!

Last edited:
T-minus 100 minutes until AP preview registration!

So I have someone else joining me for AP previews. Do we both have to register separately or can I register the person in the process? If so, would that mean I have to manually enter the AP code for that person as well?