Studio Tour | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Studios Hollywood has brought back the Glamor Trams to the Studio Tour as the historic experience is set to celebrate 60 years in 2024.

Should be just simply rebuilding the house sets that were there with modern wood and elements.
Yeah that’s literally all it is. War of the Worlds was built as a temporary set and was transferred to the tour as a permanent one. They are just refurbing everything so they don’t rot out in front of the guests’ eyes. At the time, they weren’t sure how long those sets would be a part of the tour. Now it’s pretty obvious they are as permanent as Bates (which has also gone through lengthy refurbs and rebuilds over its period as a tour stop.)

Yeah that’s literally all it is. War of the Worlds was built as a temporary set and was transferred to the tour as a permanent one. They are just refurbing everything so they don’t rot out in front of the guests’ eyes. At the time, they weren’t sure how long those sets would be a part of the tour. Now it’s pretty obvious they are as permanent as Bates (which has also gone through lengthy refurbs and rebuilds over its period as a tour stop.)
Yup--and with the combined redo of the Bates Motel going on now; it guarantees the both of them being safe for the very immediate future.

Reactions: Michael S
I still mourn the loss of WHO-ville! I wish they could've relocated it to a different spot.

With the Glamor Trams back... I say we need to get the Runaway Train reactivated, Breaking Bridge & unleash boulders at the tram behind Simpsons!!

While they're redoing the house facades for WOTW, I'd like to request one of them become a "burning facade" for a nice throwback.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I still mourn the loss of WHO-ville! I wish they could've relocated it to a different spot.

With the Glamor Trams back... I say we need to get the Runaway Train reactivated, Breaking Bridge & unleash boulders at the tram behind Simpsons!!

While they're redoing the house facades for WOTW, I'd like to request one of them become a "burning facade" for a nice throwback.
They could burn the F&F tunnel. That would be a positive. ;) :lmao:

Unfortunately the Whoville sets are also meant to be a temporary set, the real problem was Uni taking them out of a controlled soundstage and adding them to the backlot where they’d be at the mercy of the elements (and termites) without adequately proofing them for either. Hindsight is 20/20 and they thought that little segment would last a couple years, little did they know it would be something people would look forward to on the tour, and during Grinchmas.

Reactions: mks and Wesker69
Probably brought it out of storage for the 60th. Just my speculation tho; I can’t confirm it.
I remember there was a crazy rumor that when it was removed for Upper Lot renovation (Universal Plaza, Springfield, Potter)... it had been shipped off to Universal Singapore. I've never seen their park have a hanging shark though.

I remember there was a crazy rumor that when it was removed for Upper Lot renovation (Universal Plaza, Springfield, Potter)... it had been shipped off to Universal Singapore. I've never seen their park have a hanging shark though.
Yeah, they don’t have one there from everything I’ve seen. My guess is it’s been on the lot in storage for years and now—with the walking section of the tour—it could be utilized for the 60th. I haven’t heard anything confirming that, just speculating.