Stories About Guests & Cast Members | Inside Universal Forums

Stories About Guests & Cast Members

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allen The Actor

Allen The Actor
Jan 10, 2013
Hill Valley, California
Let's post our stories about funny, touching, or rude moments we've encountered at Universal Studios Hollywood.

General examples:

-Where you've helped make the day more "magical" for other guests or even cast members.

-Where other guests showed some sort of kindness to you.

-Where other guests were rude to you or rude around you.

-Where cast members went out of their way to make your visit either absolutely extra amazing or were rude to you.

-Funny or amusing things that happened to you, you did, happened to other guests or cast members in the park.

I have a bunch of stories, and i know others do as well. We've posted random ones in random threads as the topics came up, but lets just discuss some of these events here! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
Oh god, I could go on forever about things that happened at the park. I'll just mention a couple in this post to keep things somewhat brief.  :lol:

- My friends and I were walking down the fairly empty London street when I saw a London guard "passed out" on one of the benches. I decided to stop to see what he'd do... He shot up from his slumber and was breathing heavily and looked shocked. I kinda gave him a weird look waiting for an explanation and he goes, "OH it was a NIGHTMARE! I had a dream I was working at a theme park, and I was walking around in the blistering heat, and I was surrounded by countless tourists, oh it was terrible.." My friends and I had a good laugh at that one.  :lol:

- I ride the Mummy so often every time I go to USH, one of the team members working at the photo station/counter remembers me every single time. Now, this may or may not be because of the fact I always wear a bright yellow Homer sweatshirt with a Kwik-E-Mart name tag with my name on it, but who knows.  :p   Every time I skip along down the staircase and walk up to the counter after getting off the ride, I look for his face - the second we make eye contact, he immediately says, "Eyy! William, wassup, buddy? Comere, let's see your face this time." My friend and I always have a competition to see who can make the weirdest face, and he gets a laugh at it every time. In fact, he thought our faces were so funny last time that he was generous enough to give us a free download code. Coolest guy ever. I'm gonna keep his name to myself, though, to make sure he doesn't get into any trouble..  :eek:

Many of my stories involve short little encounters with characters. I love the real life characters (not ones in full body costumes) because they actually interact with the guests. It's scary how in-character they can be!  :lol: I've had little encounters with the Mummy, Lucy, Daphne, Shaggy, Doc Brown and Dora. Yes, I met Dora. Don't judge.  ;)

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Encountered alot of people wearing Disney stuff and then the dude at the studio directory in the front of the park said "You people in the Disney shirts, you are in the WRONG park" LOL.

One of my memorable moments was when one of my friends called Beetlejuice "The Joker" and he said IM NOT THE JOKER

^ :eek:

I have no faith in humanity.....

Just kidding. I've actually seen the characters get ticked off when guests don't recognize who they are correctly. Like....it's subtle but you can tell they're upset haha. I always come up to them after and say "I recognize you...not all hope is lost" and they usually laugh.

-Where cast members went out of their way to make your visit either absolutely extra amazing or were rude to you.
The entire cast and crew of Terminator were exceptionally nice to this site during the attraction's last week. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest Terminator fan in the world, but you can't help but become entrenched when you meet a crew that's devoted a few years of their lives to a specific attraction.

Was a really amazing experience to say the least.

Oh, heck yeah, they appear in Florida! They're all over the place - whether it's in front of Gru's house, on a parade float, at some random Despicable Me photo op..

I took a picture with them, they were so in-character.  :lol:

I had one of the best experiences ever this sunday on USH. My sis was celebrating her birthday so she got the button that said it was her bday. We went to the store close to Doc Browns and one pretty nice lady started saying happy birthday to her, and everyone in the store started saying it to her. She gave my sis a coupon to play in the carnival games. It didn't end up there, we went to The Mummy and we were going to ride it for the 5th time in the day but we stood at the entrance because there was like 25 min wait and we were deciding whether to ride single rider or not, so a nice lady in the entrance of the Front of the Line pass said "Well, it's your birthday, why don't you go on here?" and we were like "really?" and she said "sure". We went there so amazed of what she did, so once we got off we went to thank her and she said "want to ride it again?" and well we just did, just because lol. Such an amazing day.

This guy says Universal Studios hasn't changed since 1997. Its obvious that it has. BTTF, Backdraft, SES's, Bettlejuice, Flintstones show, ET, T2 came and gone, backlot redone kong redone these are just a few things. Is that they way some people see Universal Studios Hollywood and why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_84KmbSl1w
I won't watch this in case I want punch the guy. This is actually a topic I'm covering in my next article though.

I refuse to watch as well....some people are so narrow minded and act like smart asses when in reality they're clueless about a certain topic....

Unfortunately many people really DO think USH barely changes. I wonder why. It's not like there was a time when USH got stale. They offered new attractions and shows throughout it's golden age.

Can't wait till your article Adri. I wonder if it's maybe because of the smaller ride count.

I'm honestly starting to wonder why he thinks it hasn't changed for the most part.. Our park has barely kept a certain appearance for more than 6 months straight. He says all he really noticed was "a few new rides"... Erm. Not exactly..!

I'm honestly starting to wonder why he thinks it hasn't changed for the most part.. Our park has barely kept a certain appearance for more than 6 months straight. He says all he really noticed was "a few new rides"... Erm. Not exactly..!
Well, like I mentioned, that stigma follows Hollywood around. When you think of it, Universal has had a core group of attractions for many, many years that people still associate with the park. You can't really change that perception without changing the entire park.

Remember, Universal dates far more easily than Disney in terms of relevant properties. What may be considered a classic at a Disney park may be considered horribly outdated at Universal. That's just the nature of the two studios.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, like I mentioned, that stigma follows Hollywood around. When you think of it, Universal has had a core group of attractions for many, many years that people still associate with the park. You can't really change that perception without changing the entire park.

Remember, Universal dates far more easily than Disney in terms of relevant properties. What may be considered a classic at a Disney park may be considered horribly outdated at Universal. That's just the nature of the two studios.
I totally agree, I'm not at all saying that it's bad for the park to change so often. The material Universal uses for attractions is solely based on the movies they produce (JP, Mummy, Jaws, Minions, E.T., Kong, etc.), or franchises acquired from other companies/studios (Potter, Transformers, Simpsons, Terminator, etc.). Disney, on the other hand, can successfully create attractions without the use of popular characters (Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn, Autopia, Jungle Cruise, etc.). Most icons seen in our films pass on eventually, and we move on to the next big thing. Disney's big thing will always be Mickey Mouse, and he'll never fade. That's something unique about them, and that's just the way it is. What's unique about our park is that it's constantly changing, though Universal manages to keep guests pleased, and attendance just keeps on going up.

Sorry to go on a rant, just didn't want to get the wrong point across.  ^_^