Springfield Expansion | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think back in October they began refurbishing the attraction. I remember wait times suddenly became very long because only one theater was used.
I am not sure if it's imagination or not, but the RV I was in felt a little different. It still was very noisy, but felt a little smoother.

A refurbishment of the whole ride has been ongoing since around late Novemeber, but due to the low ride capacity of the park due to the closing of Twister, Disaster, and Beetlejuice it has been kinda weird. Each part of the ride is being fixed separately to allow for the maximum capacity possible during the the refurb.

The screens of the second pre-show may be where they are at now that n the refurbishment, which explains the change in procedure. Expect some of the screens in the first pre show room to go next.

A refurbishment of the whole ride has been ongoing since around late Novemeber, but due to the low ride capacity of the park due to the closing of Twister, Disaster, and Beetlejuice it has been kinda weird. Each part of the ride is being fixed separately to allow for the maximum capacity possible during the the refurb.

The screens of the second pre-show may be where they are at now that n the refurbishment, which explains the change in procedure. Expect some of the screens in the first pre show room to go next.
I thought that at first, but apparently they made the same change at USH. I hear it has something to do with a safety incident but don't have details...

Reactions: SeventyOne
I thought that at first, but apparently they made the same change at USH. I hear it has something to do with a safety incident but don't have details...
I think our refurbishment was ongoing, but the incident at USH added extra stuff to the schedule (aka. Why it is taking so long and why USH also has this portion of the refurb.)

Btw, the incident mentioned is someone at USH opened the door between the second pre-show room and the ride area, which caused a major safety hazard.

I think our refurbishment was ongoing, but the incident at USH added extra stuff to the schedule (aka. Why it is taking so long and why USH also has this portion of the refurb.)

Btw, the incident mentioned is someone at USH opened the door between the second pre-show room and the ride area, which caused a major safety hazard.
That sounds scary. The machinery for the simulators is loud enough beside it, I can't imagine accidentally opening the door and it being right there.

Yeah. Why the doors aren't connected into the ride system for a shutdown is beyond me.

I imagine that failsafe needs to be installed before the proper show system can be restored (presumably along with door reinforcements). Whether or not this will happen is anyone's guess.

Because it's old. Carousel of Progress wouldn't stop if you got stuck between the rotating seats and a show panel either - until it killed someone.

Carousel of progress is way older than Simpsons and when it was re-done to Simpsons they should have done this. Now obviously Comcast didn't own the property back then, so I don't blame Comcast, but still you would think this was a no brainier even when the original ride was put in place.

Reactions: Ryno27
That pre show video of the cat getting arms and such cut off is probably more realistic than anyone expects.:lol:.....On a related point. A couple of years ago we were in the FP line for Soarin, but they shut the ride down and moved everyone off. It stayed closed for a day or two. When we finally got on a couple of days later the CM said they had to change the safety procedures cause some young kid changed their mind about riding & jumped off the bench as the ride started moving. So I guess it's just another example that s_ _ t happens that no one foresaw. And Soarin had been open for a good number of years at that point in time.

That pre show video of the cat getting arms and such cut off is probably more realistic than anyone expects.:lol:.....On a related point. A couple of years ago we were in the FP line for Soarin, but they shut the ride down and moved everyone off. It stayed closed for a day or two. When we finally got on a couple of days later the CM said they had to change the safety procedures cause some young kid changed their mind about riding & jumped off the bench as the ride started moving. So I guess it's just another example that s_ _ t happens that no one foresaw. And Soarin had been open for a good number of years at that point in time.

You can never be ready for all the dumb crap guests do. You can try, but you can never prepare for all the crazy, idiotic things people will try.

How the heck did he do that? I am pretty sure you can't unbuckle those seat belts once everyone is securely in. Interesting. Wonder what changed?

Guests do some stupid crap.

How the heck did he do that? I am pretty sure you can't unbuckle those seat belts once everyone is securely in. Interesting. Wonder what changed?

Guests do some stupid crap.
Actually, I think it had something to do with what you mentioned, but they needed to change something cause it happened.

You can never be ready for all the dumb crap guests do. You can try, but you can never prepare for all the crazy, idiotic things people will try.
Didn't it happen once in Dudley Do Right, that someone got off in the middle of the right, right where you go inside where it is aid: I say, you're going the wrong way.

Also, I once saw a video of a kid who'd lost his cap in teh Jurassic Park splashdown, dumb kid actually climbed the fence and went to get it, luckily no boat got him.

Didn't it happen once in Dudley Do Right, that someone got off in the middle of the right, right where you go inside where it is aid: I say, you're going the wrong way.

Also, I once saw a video of a kid who'd lost his cap in teh Jurassic Park splashdown, dumb kid actually climbed the fence and went to get it, luckily no boat got him.
Someone does this at pretty much every theme/amusement park. Is a $20-30 hat that serious?

Reactions: anihilnation
Someone does this at pretty much every theme/amusement park. Is a $20-30 hat that serious?

I would assume the control room saw this happening and hard stopped the ride. It would be a better video if he had gotten hit and severed his spine. He was basically stepping into oncoming traffic which is a very stupid thing to do. I hope he was tossed out and banned from the parks.

Reactions: anihilnation