Springfield Expansion | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know what would have been great? An indoor family coaster themed to Springfield Nuclear plant. The building would obviously be the tower and the ride inside would be something like a wild mouse coaster or a spinning coaster like in Tokyo's spaceflight.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I only just read about the cancelled Otto ride and my mind has been wandering about how great it could be. Obviously Universal has too much going on currently to even consider expanding Springfield but here goes what I imagine a ride could be like:

The entrance would be between MIB and Krustyland. The front facade would Springfield Elementary. The queue would pass through the hallways with doors having a view into classrooms.You'd see characters from the show doing whatever they do. You'd have the janitors closet and if you listen closely you'll hear willy in there. Principle Skinner's office with the bates motel visible from his window (It would be a nice throw back to the park's older days plus I'm sure I seen that in an episode)

The story would be you're going on a school trip and Otto is driving you to wherever it is is you're going. I know most of you aren't overly keen on roller coasters but most of it should be hiding by the facade and be backstage. I don't think it would be possible but if it was, have the coaster train shaped like a school bus, obviously have some rock music playing throughout. I'm not sure about the journey the coaster should take but I'd love to see a physical Springfield town centre. Even just the novelty of having something so similar to the BTTF town centre at USH. (Again, another nice throwback)

Tt1GBIg.jpg

Last edited:
that was the original idea for the ride but the guy who voices half of the characters (otto,lenny,mr burns and other improtant characters) wanted a stupid amount of money something like double the amount of everyone else but universal rejected it.It was suppose to be a field trip to the nuclear plant where something would go wrong ending with a giant Maggie.

that was the original idea for the ride but the guy who voices half of the characters (otto,lenny,mr burns and other improtant characters) wanted a stupid amount of money something like double the amount of everyone else but universal rejected it.It was suppose to be a field trip to the nuclear plant where something would go wrong ending with a giant Maggie.

The whole thing would really balance on Harry Shearer doing it which I highly doubt. If he wasn't prepared to do it before, he wouldnt now and I'm sure he's retiring at the end of this season or the next but it's a pipe dream so in my head, it's entirely possible.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
^ Problem solved...

Anyway I do like the idea if there was enough space, too bad they couldn't come to an agreement for a whole Island when IoA was built :-(

OI is reporting that as of today Universal has changed the second preshow in both Orlando & Hollywood. They're saying they're not using the small pre show room to show the second preshow, and have combined the two pre show films to show together. Anyone experience this yet?

Reactions: Ryno27
OI is reporting that as of today Universal has changed the second preshow in both Orlando & Hollywood. They're saying they're not using the small pre show room to show the second preshow, and have combined the two pre show films to show together. Anyone experience this yet?

So what are they showing in the second room?

On one hand this might help the pacing of the queue, but on another hand it might make waiting in the second preshow room even worse. I need a video to judge.

On one hand this might help the pacing of the queue, but on another hand it might make waiting in the second preshow room even worse. I need a video to judge.
Maybe they're just moving people straight to the ride instead of waiting in the small room. Anyone there today that experienced this?

I've experienced it in Hollywood. It's really terrible show - the characters in the main area are replaced with the rotating attraction advertisements. You miss 80% of the story without the first preshow/seeing the full second preshow (loading is slow, and they start the video before everyone's loaded in). It made the buildup to the ride extremely awkward and inefficient, since the building was not designed to load that way. You also miss all of Homer's banter as you board the vehicle/the teen studying for his math test.

I've experienced it in Hollywood. It's really terrible show - the characters in the main area are replaced with the rotating attraction advertisements. You miss 80% of the story without the first preshow/seeing the full second preshow (loading is slow, and they start the video before everyone's loaded in). It made the buildup to the ride extremely awkward and inefficient, since the building was not designed to load that way. You also miss all of Homer's banter as you board the vehicle/the teen studying for his math test.
So it appears to me that this is an attempt to slightly increase capacity by removing some aspects that would've been experienced previously?

So it appears to me that this is an attempt to slightly increase capacity by removing some aspects that would've been experienced previously?

I'm not convinced it increases capacity, and I doubt FOX would approve such a measure even if it did. This was a coordinated change across both resorts, which leads me to believe something else might be afoot.

Reactions: IzzyB and Nick
Yes, experienced this last week. Also, projectors have been changed, image was much clearer, sound seemed better as well. I was in the mid-floor, left theater and only the two RVs at the far end were used, so it could be that they are doing some work on the RVs as well.

Yes, experienced this last week. Also, projectors have been changed, image was much clearer, sound seemed better as well. I was in the mid-floor, left theater and only the two RVs at the far end were used, so it could be that they are doing some work on the RVs as well.
There was a report I remember that they were supposed to be doing some sort of refurb on half of the attraction around this time if I remember correct.

I think Parkscope had something on it.