Splash Mountain Disrepair | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Splash Mountain Disrepair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes/no, but its adding more ride capacity to the park, and for a ride that with one turnstile has 30+ waits ALWAYS, this will help alleviate bigger crowds now.

When they added a 2nd theater to Shrek, I didn't consider it another attraction. Dumbo is adding capacity, yes. A whole new experience, not so much.

If Storybook Circus (is that the official name for the queue?) is an attraction itself, then that's great but remains to be seen.

When they added a 2nd theater to Shrek, I didn't consider it another attraction. Dumbo is adding capacity, yes. A whole new experience, not so much.

If Storybook Circus (is that the official name for the queue?) is an attraction itself, then that's great but remains to be seen.

It is a whole new experience though. Although I see your point about adding another Dumbo doesn't mean it's 2.

All except one of the birds on the top row of the final showboat seemed to be working normally when I rode last night. The laughing place section however was still looking pretty sad.

Last edited:
This news depresses me. WTF Disney, seriously!!!!?? This is one of you keystone attractions, and there is NO EXCUSE for you to let it continue to operate if the AAs aren't working properly. Guess you don't care about the Disney "Magic" anymore. Sigh. :mad::bang::'(

I laughed so hard and that video, but it is so depressing at the same time. WDW is going further and further down the spiral of craptacularness. Soon enough, Krustyland will look like a classy and well maintained park in comparison. The Earthquake doesn't work in BTM, Space Mountain is a rickety pile of junk that is so rough it shouldn't even be legal to operate (I had extreme back pain which lasted days from it, and refuse to ride it ever again), the big show scene in Everest doesn't work etc.

Anyone know if Splash is still having this problem?

Let's keep this all in perspective:

Before Potter showed up, Uni's track record for upkeeping wasn't exactly stellar. Thank god for the "Boy who Lived" to knock some sense into UO.

I actually found Space Mountain to be fairly well maintained last time I rode it, it was kinda rough but the good kinda rough you can handle lol Still probably my favorite indoor coaster

Last edited:

Before Potter showed up, Uni's track record for upkeeping wasn't exactly stellar. Thank god for the "Boy who Lived" to knock some sense into UO.

Indeed, 2005 through 08 were very dark times at Universal Orlando.

I wonder where Universal would be right now if there would have been no Harry Potter? It would be interesting for sure.

I think we also have to look at in the perspective that this is Walt Disney World. Magic Kingdom is the #1 visited theme park and one of the most popular attractions, Splash Mountain, looks like a complete mess. All of the AA's are a joke, paint has faded and the entire scene right before the lift has no jumping fountains as of two days ago. Where's the love Disney?

It wasn't the boy who lived that kicked GE/NBC into action, it was the realization that no one was going to buy the parks. after that they realized that it was eithe $#^+ or get of the pot. So Disaster, Simpson's, and increased maintenance came about prior to Potter. Potter just blew the roof off of available capital.

I wonder where Universal would be right now if there would have been no Harry Potter? It would be interesting for sure.

Honestly? crumbling and probably owned by another company that was just looking for a pay check.

It wasn't the boy who lived that kicked GE/NBC into action, it was the realization that no one was going to buy the parks. after that they realized that it was eithe $#^+ or get of the pot. So Disaster, Simpson's, and increased maintenance came about prior to Potter. Potter just blew the roof off of available capital.

Yup. But Potter and its results are what got Comcast to buy in. Without that I'd be worried where the parks would be.

I was at IOA a year ago and there were some serious technical issues with Do Right Falls, Jurrasic Park, and Popeye, and Cat in the Hat was so dirty (there were literally clumps of dust and dirt cleary visable) that my wife actually got grossed out by it.
So don't act like Universal aint guilty of the same thing.

In general Disney is a VERY clean park, just go to Six Flag Over Georgia sometime if you want to see how clean and maintened Diseny keeps there parks in comparision. I remember there was litearlly a WALL of chewed up gum on the wait for one of the rides. I mean like 500+ pieces of used bubblegum just sitting there. Multiple garbage cans were overstuffed and spilling out on to the sidewalks. Really made me appreaciate how well manitained the park is.

In general Disney is a VERY clean park, just go to Six Flag Over Georgia sometime if you want to see how clean and maintened Diseny keeps there parks in comparision. I remember there was litearlly a WALL of chewed up gum on the wait for one of the rides. I mean like 500+ pieces of used bubblegum just sitting there. Multiple garbage cans were overstuffed and spilling out on to the sidewalks. Really made me appreaciate how well manitained the park is.

I do agree, but you expect those kinds of things from Six Flags. The last time I went to Over Georgia, there was literally rust on every coaster there and you'd get off each one with a headache dude to how rough it was. The Riddler gave me a killer headache. It really does make you appreciate how clean Universal, Disney, SeaWorld, and other parks in Orlando are though.
By the way, MIB is still in the need of an extensive refurb which I wish they would take the time to do. Get the ride working as it should be.