Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Over Georgia

D'oh! Why are they closed tomorrow? I'm sure it's a private buyout, but tomorrow was the one day we could have gone... :(

If you have not checked out Holiday in the Park it is well worth it. SFoG is a latecomer to this event, which is held at many Six Flags. It is held the week of Thanksgiving and the two weeks of Christmas break. Unlike many other parks they decorate the entire park with lights, sounds and more. The canopied walkway just past the Georgia Scorcher has a light display much like the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas.

The only closed sections are Cotton States and Lickskillet. This means the sky buckets are a round trip, a great way to see all the lights. Each section of the park has its own theme and unique displays and light colors. Even the eateries take on an entirely new theme.

Best of all this is all included in the annual pass. It also is included in the dining plan and drink refill cups. Six Flags has really done this right. It rivals Sea World Orlando in how well it is done.

Went on a company trip to Atlanta. Rode the new Justice League ride. Shooting was beyond bad. Couldn't tell your color or location. Ride motion felt like a direct rip off of Spider-Man and transformers. They did similar tricks way less effectively.

Went on a company trip to Atlanta. Rode the new Justice League ride. Shooting was beyond bad. Couldn't tell your color or location. Ride motion felt like a direct rip off of Spider-Man and transformers. They did similar tricks way less effectively.

I'm having the same issue with the one that just opened in NJ. It doesn't help that some of the colors are so similar to each other. I always start the ride by shooting down in the corner to find out what color I am, because it's the only way I can figure it out. And no matter where I sit, it never feels like the laser is naturally shooting out of my blaster, it always feels skewed to the side.

I also felt the 3D was slightly wrong. There was some ghosting or something happening that made it slightly dizzying.

Georgia Cyclone will close forever on July 30th! I will say I will miss the ride (even though it's been quite a while since I've been to SFOG). I welcome what is pretty likely an RMC conversion since it will be the closest one to FL (until one makes it's way here).
GCSFOGClosing.JPG

Georgia Cyclone will close forever on July 30th! I will say I will miss the ride (even though it's been quite a while since I've been to SFOG). I welcome what is pretty likely an RMC conversion since it will be the closest one to FL (until one makes it's way here).
View attachment 4864

My dad took me to SFOG when I was 7. I rode the Dahlonega Mine Train first and then rode the Great American Scream Machine and then I swore off coasters because they were too scary. I went back when I was 9 and this was the first one I rode when I went back. I wanted to be a "big boy." This is the coaster that made me fall in love with roller coasters. I'll be sad to see it go, even for an RMC conversion.

New for 2018: Twisted Cyclone!
SFOG New 2018 | Six Flags Over Georgia

AUSTELL, Ga. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Over Georgia—the Thrill Capital of the South—today announced the all-new Twisted Cyclone hybrid roller coaster will arrive in 2018. Twisted Cyclone will offer guests the best of both worlds—a classic wooden structure combined with a modern, steel track for multiple inversions and a smoother, more thrilling riding experience.

“Six Flags was the first in the industry to introduce this hybrid technology and Twisted Cyclone is a shining example of Six Flags innovation at its very best. Year after year, our park keeps delivering unique thrills for all ages and this state-of-the-art hybrid coaster is an absolute game- changer,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “Our guests are going to be blown away by the unbelievable features of this coaster.”

Twisted Cyclone highlights include:
- An insanely steep 75-degree initial drop from nearly 100 feet into a jaw-dropping reverse cobra roll sending riders perpendicular to the ground;
- Three hair-raising upside down inversions and 10 airtime moments along 2,400 feet of track at speeds of 50 miles per hour;
- The feeling of weightlessness through a 360-degree zero gravity roll;
- One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after a classic 1960’s sports convertible;
and
- A smoother, sleeker, more intense ride than ever before.

Construction on Twisted Cyclone is underway and the ride is expected to debut in the spring of 2018.

tc1.JPG
tc2.JPG
tc3.JPG

Last edited:
This ride gave me whiplash. Only coaster I am afraid of.
Ninja, the coaster next to it, is the one my family hated the most. It was called the black belt of roller coasters. We called it the black and blue of roller coasters. It now has new cars and a blue paint job and is called Blue Hawk. It is a little better, but not much.

I never got the hate for Ninja. I always enjoyed it...lol It was certainly better than a couple Arrow loopers I've been on (Carolina Cyclone & Anaconda). I hadn't been since the new trains/restraints were added.

I never got the hate for Ninja. I always enjoyed it...lol It was certainly better than a couple Arrow loopers I've been on (Carolina Cyclone & Anaconda). I hadn't been since the new trains/restraints were added.
My niece and nephew were literally crying after riding on Ninja. They never did it again. They did try Blue Hawk once. No tears that time but no desire to do it again either.