Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what it was said at WCB yesterday; "The New Revolution" will do some of these things for it.

- The Trains will apparently be designed in-house

- New Special effects might be coming into play

- The Trim brakes will not be removed

- The Strobes in the tunnel will not be returning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a thought: You think SFMM might be just doing the Revolution renovation as a way to save up for Justice League in 2017? It's very well-received in the other parks and it sure as heck would be well-recieved over here.

**Fingers crossed**

Reactions: Stylowtrix
We will most definitely be getting Justice League in 2017. Presumably where the old Stunt show theater currently stands, but all my sources say 2017 will be the year. Six Flags originally bought a 7 ride pack. So there's 4 down, 3 more to go, and I wouldn't doubt if one is headed our way. 

We will most definitely be getting Justice League in 2017. Presumably where the old Stunt show theater currently stands, but all my sources say 2017 will be the year. Six Flags originally bought a 7 ride pack. So there's 4 down, 3 more to go, and I wouldn't doubt if one is headed our way. 
Magic Mountain, Great Advenutre and Georgia are my predictions for the final three installations. 2017 will be a rather dull year for Disney in California, and we still don't know if Universal is going to whip up something big for 2017 or take the year off and enjoy the Potter crowds while building towards 2018. 

It seems easily like the best time to steal the show, but Sally, Oceaneering and WB better force SFMM to properly maintain it or else the biggest market that this ride will be seen in will bring all three the greatest shame very quickly.

Reactions: chris.g
SFMM adding JL would probably be the biggest and best decision they have ever done. SFMM will be the only park in all of SoCal to not have a dark ride when SWSD opens theirs. They NEED one, especially something as awesome-looking as that.

But like Brover said, they better give it good upkeep. I hope they do after they see how popular the park will get. Maybe it'll be big enough to where they will be open daily again.

I just feel like SFMM management will use the excuse "if they want dark rides, they can go to Universal or Disney, we're known for our largest collection of coasters."

but I hope they realize how popular immersive dark rides are as well.

^ Well if it's of any consent, Sally's been working with the park since 2013 as far as I know in order to bring JL to the park, and construction should start soon. Six Flags wants as little problems as they can get with this attraction, trust me. 

Just confirming what galindoverhere was saying above that Justice League will be coming to SFMM in the old Batman Action Theater. However I am being told that the date may have been pushed to 2018.

Weird, I'm still hearing 2017, in fact everything I'm hearing leads to 2017, the old action theater is being demolished currently (^ there is work happening, just inside, look at Park Journey's updates) and the ride package I believe specifically lists SFMM for next year. Aside from this, SFMM will more than likely be expanding the current DCU to fit Justice League next year. Wonder what they could possibly have in store for next year to push it back to 2017? 

Weird, I'm still hearing 2017, in fact everything I'm hearing leads to 2017, the old action theater is being demolished currently (^ there is work happening, just inside, look at Park Journey's updates) and the ride package I believe specifically lists SFMM for next year. Aside from this, SFMM will more than likely be expanding the current DCU to fit Justice League next year. Wonder what they could possibly have in store for next year to push it back to 2017?
Maybe the midway between the area of Action, riddler, tridal and the current DCU area will be changed to match Gotham's change to DCU back in 2011?

You could very well be right. My source within Magic Mountain isn't as strong. I wouldn't argue with you if you're still hearing 2017.

Reactions: chris.g
Huh. I guess I missed it. Didn't notice. I'll check it out when I go Saturday. 

Yeah the Action Theatre is definitely being removed, so it is confirmed they are in the process of making room for at least something in that location. This will the second year in a row of a coaster "remake" (RMC or not, Twisted Colossus is still not a new coaster), so you would think Six Flags would go for broke in 2017 on a ride that would capture some serious attention in SoCal. They have given very little reasons for families to be attracted to the park in recent years, and even if that's not their target demo for the market, the appearance of Harry Potter in Universal is definitely a reason to pull the trigger on Justice League for next year. Suddenly you're going to find many families closer to Santa Clarita and the Valley than before. JL is a ride that deserves being on the west coast moreso than Voyage to the Lame Reef.

Go Sally, go!