Show: The Carnage Returns | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Show: The Carnage Returns

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it is like the previous show they had a magician/illusionist who designed and performed the "gags" so you need a standard stage set up. It wouldn't work in Beetlejuice. Also, having it in front of Mel's allows a larger crowd to watch it.

I've seen the previous show in person. An universal actor friend of mine at the time was one of the "victims". I still think if they really wanted it could be retro fitted to work in the Beetlejuice stage. There has to be some reason why they are having one of the advertised shows on temp stage when they have at least 2 other theater available that they have used in pass years for shows.

This also goes completely against what happened at last years HHN with the sacrifice mini show almost exactly where The Carnage is going to be, that was cancelled because of crowd control issues and guest satisfaction in the area (at least that was the "official" reason given).

There has to be some reason why they are having one of the advertised shows on temp stage when they have at least 2 other theater available that they have used in pass years for shows.
I just assume they are planning to close Beetlejuice before the end of HHN and that stage isn't available. Otherwise that would be a perfect stage, since it's closing they could close Beetlejuice early and do absolutely whatever they wanted to that stage.

I just assume they are planning to close Beetlejuice before the end of HHN and that stage isn't available. Otherwise that would be a perfect stage, since it's closing they could close Beetlejuice early and do absolutely whatever they wanted to that stage.

Disaster closes in about a week. HHN starts in less then 20 days. If they planned on closing Beetlejuice before HHN begins, I think we would have been given a more narrow window, like "later that month" instead of "later this year." The first part of demo for Disaster will have to be the deconstruction of the interior ride system. I'm sure we won't see any exterior demo until after HHN if only because of the house occupying the area, so there is little reason to close the show until then as well.

Heres the thing about Disaster and the extended line, the Extended line is separate from the building. You could start exterior demolishment for the back side of the building.

Disaster closes in about a week. HHN starts in less then 20 days. If they planned on closing Beetlejuice before HHN begins, I think we would have been given a more narrow window, like "later that month" instead of "later this year." The first part of demo for Disaster will have to be the deconstruction of the interior ride system. I'm sure we won't see any exterior demo until after HHN if only because of the house occupying the area, so there is little reason to close the show until then as well.
Yeah I understand, but if lets say it needs to close October 20th for example I think that would qualify as "later this year" and would be a big issue for the HHN show.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Heres the thing about Disaster and the extended line, the Extended line is separate from the building. You could start exterior demolishment for the back side of the building.

I'm not too familiar with the Diaster show building, but isn't the back side of the building where most of the ride portion of the attraction is located? I see it taking them a month or longer to disassemble the interior ride system before the exterior could be worked on. Disaster, even given its flaws, is a rather complicated ride in terms of its show elements and won't be the easiest of demos. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Demo of the Beetlejuice theater will be I'm sure a much more simple matter then the demo of the rest of the Disaster. Aside from any noise issues the demo may cause, there is little reason to think they couldn't extend the life of the show and theater until the area was absolutely needed for demo... I personally think that point will come after HHN ends. That's why, between that and the incident with last years sacrifice mini show, I'm baffled by their decision on where to place The Carnage Returns show. I'd love to hear reasoning behind it to help clear up the confusion...

Perhaps they just couldn't be guaranteed use of the theater through the end of the event. You never know maybe they negotiated to let them close the show early to have use of the Queue for the house. I don't think it's that unreasonable that they could start removing sets, seating, lighting equipment, etc. for preparation for demolition right after HHN. I would think if BJ were available it would have been good for them to have RHPS so they would have 3 shows. I agree though it's a real waste if BJ isn't closing until after HHN.

Reactions: Stitch_101
I've seen the previous show in person. An universal actor friend of mine at the time was one of the "victims". I still think if they really wanted it could be retro fitted to work in the Beetlejuice stage. There has to be some reason why they are having one of the advertised shows on temp stage when they have at least 2 other theater available that they have used in pass years for shows.

This also goes completely against what happened at last years HHN with the sacrifice mini show almost exactly where The Carnage is going to be, that was cancelled because of crowd control issues and guest satisfaction in the area (at least that was the "official" reason given).

I think there is a bit of a difference in where the stages are set up. Last year's sacrifice show would have the crowd gathered more in the walkway where the scare zone is. From what I saw of the stage that is set up this year, the crowd would gather more towards Mel's.

I think it will still get real crowded around there, but it would just make it difficult the walk from Transformers over towards Kid's Zone while I assume last's years set up would have made it difficult to get to and from that side of the park.

What if they feel they need to run Beetlejuice and Animal Actors for day guest since Disaster is closing?

What if they feel they need to run Beetlejuice and Animal Actors for day guest since Disaster is closing?
That's a very good point and may be part of it. Of course they still could have had RHPS as it has no affect on BJ running for day guests.

It looks awesome and heck yes blender call back. Just imagining this to be a really rusty, broken down dirty carnival, even more so than the one in 2007. Too awesome

There's a LOT of great photos of the stage on Twitter today! I'm beginning to wonder at this point if they will even be able to use the stage for RTU.

Some great photos from today, taken by @MagicCityMayhem

Interesting that a lot of the oldest archived props seem to have ended up out here rather than in Monsters & Mayhem. Perhaps without the "warehouse" as a framing device, it would've been weird to just have random old 1990s props strewn about... either way, really happy to see them incorporated. The stage looks great.

Reactions: Cole
Well monsters and mayhem is gonna be mostly original. I'm sure there will be a ton of cool props but I bet you almost all of it will be either the same sets as in the past or all original uni monsters stuff

Some great photos from today, taken by @MagicCityMayhem

Interesting that a lot of the oldest archived props seem to have ended up out here rather than in Monsters & Mayhem. Perhaps without the "warehouse" as a framing device, it would've been weird to just have random old 1990s props strewn about... either way, really happy to see them incorporated. The stage looks great.

I thought M&M would be more of a 'replica' house, as in they would replicate scenes from some of the old houses..

So Universal has completely taken down the entire set and removed all of the props from the stage just for Rock the Universe.