She-Hulk: Attorney At Law | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Somehow this got me more hyped for the show than either trailer

Agreed. Still think it looks great though, and there is even a shot of John Byrne's She-Hulk #1 cover! And JB's drawing of her ripping a page to move on. He (She-Hulk) broke the fourth wall before Deadpool was even a gleam in Rob Liefeld's eye. I just hope this stays true to that.

Agreed. Still think it looks great though, and there is even a shot of John Byrne's She-Hulk #1 cover! And JB's drawing of her ripping a page to move on. He (She-Hulk) broke the fourth wall before Deadpool was even a gleam in Rob Liefeld's eye. I just hope this stays true to that.
The more i've watched the most recent railer the more it grew on me. The comedy i'm still a little unsure of and this is yet another derivative character (They've introduced quite a bit of these in Phase Four), but I am looking forward to this and hope they lean into the legal aspect and we can get some fun courtroom scenes. I wonder if we'll get a scene where Matt Murdock is representing someone in a case against Jennifer Walters, who is seemingly representing Blonsky.

Reactions: Skold
Small and big change here at the same time. The new release date for this show in no August 18th, one day later, meaning that She-Hulk will on Thursdays and never release on the same day as Andor once that show gets going.

Finally, they realized that there's more than just one day in the week to release things. Add to that Dancing With The Stars will be airing every Monday starting September 19th (Mondays) and hopefully audiences will get used to content being released on more than just Wednesdays for Disney+, which imo has been a problem point.

I feel like because of the first trailer getting so much hate they are oversharing now

I think the show will be great but think they need to just let us at this point enjoy any characters in the show...dont need to show everything

I feel like because of the first trailer getting so much hate they are oversharing now

I think the show will be great but think they need to just let us at this point enjoy any characters in the show...dont need to show everything
Yeah, i'm getting the same feeling, but after Ms. Marvel sort of faltered (ratings wise) like it did, it's understandable that they want to get ahead of it and do their best to give people a reason to tune in.

So this is actually not She-Hulk related, but about the Hulk rights with Universal. Rumor is the rights from the 2008 film revert to Marvel in June 2023. It's not clear if the distribution rights revert then as well, but it seems like the film may revert to Marvel, which they in turn may be able to release on Blu-Ray under Disney, and then it could be actually added to Disney+.

As far as a second Hulk movie where they potentially do a World War Hulk storyline, it's unclear if that would still have to go through Universal or not after next summer. Of course, it's also possible that this is just nothing, but we won't know until next year or beyond.

Reactions: belloq87
A few things on this show. Episodes are reported around the 30 minute length and the people behind the show have talked about this being used as a "comedy vacation" for the cameos they have in it like Daredevil, Abomination, Wong, and Hulk. Writer Jessica Gao has stressed that this is only for this show and after this, these characters can go back to doing what they normally do.

Here's a few quotes:
"I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it, but it's very conscious and it's very much planned," Coiro said when asked if Daredevil is continuing his story from three seasons of a show which originally debuted on Netflix but now is available on Disney+. "That's all I can say."

"We were like, 'This is our version,' and it's true for any character," Gao said. "Like every character that we've used that existed in the MCU, it gets to be a little bit different on our show because you see them in very dramatic roles like these big high pressure, high stakes kind of situations but on our show because our show is more of a slice of life, they can kinda take a break from that."

"They get to take a little bit of a comedy vacation," Gao added. "Of course, after our show, they get to go back to save the world, saving the universe, very serious, intense story but on our show, they get to just take a little break and when the universe is not at stake like, 'What's going on with you?' They get a chance to really explore like a different part of their character because not everyone can be at a 10 saving the world every minute of every day."

Enjoyed the 1st episode a lot. CGI is much improved since that first teaser and I lost it at the post credits scene. Really looking forward to the next episodes as I've read they're even better than the first.

Reactions: imagin78
I enjoyed it fine enough, but with these episodes being only around 30 minutes, I really think they should've dropped two episodes this week. If people didn't like this one episode, now they may just check out whereas a 2-3 episode premiere could've gotten people a bit more invested and maybe even if they didn't like the pilot, they may have enjoyed other episodes. Now, if you didn't like this episode, you pretty much are checked out for the whole show.

Most importantly though overall, Maslany is perfect in the role. The CGI looked pretty good, although i'm not sure if that's because we mostly saw two CGI characters playing off of each other in the episode so it was less jarring. I 100% think this show is not going to be received too well overall by a certain sect of the fanbase, especially since they're supposedly going to be turning Wong, Abomination and Daredevil into jokester characters for this show which most fans will certainly not fully understand that this is a "comedy vacation" for these characters and not the direction that they're going with a character like, say, Daredevil.

It's kind of crazy that this first episode of She-Hulk has Ruffalo's first ever Thunder Clap in the decade he's portrayed the character and the first time we've seen a Thunder Clap since 2008(!)

'Bout as cringe as I thought it would be

Back to Ally Mcbeal re-runs
It's actually less cringe than I expected so far, although I heard episodes 3 & 4 get really jokey/corny.

Not sure if this will be a weekly watch for me though. This honestly seems like a show that would be a lot more fun to just binge right on through.

Reactions: shiekra38
The promos and trailers basically spoiled the entire first episode
There was nothing new or surprising if you saw the promos.
Literally from begining to end was all shown in trailers piece by piece.
The training. The accident. The bonding. The freaking ending.
It's like every important part of this episode was spoiled already.

Last edited:
The promos and trailers basically spoiled the entire first episode
There was nothing new or surprising if you saw the promos.
Literally from begining to end was all shown in trailers piece by piece.
The training. The accident. The bonding. The freaking ending.
It's like every important part of this episode was spoiled already.
That's one way to look at it, but the good thing is that a large chunk of the trailer has already aired after only one episode, so most things from here on out will be completely fresh. I'll also say that even having seen the trailers, I still really enjoyed the episode.

My biggest thing with this show is simply that a 9 episode season with only 30 minute episodes (like WandaVision was structured) needs a kickstart. Even WandaVision had a two-episode premiere because the episodes were so short. I feel like this should've been a 3-episode premiere like HBO Max typically does with shows.

That would've gotten us to episode 4 next week and then we'd be all caught up with what critics saw and pretty much at the halfway point in the season already. We'd have sort of gotten into it pretty good by doing that which would allow the show to have a satisfying weekly run instead of feeling like I might as well just wait until the whole season is out and binge it.

Reactions: Nico