Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like Burke will be around to hit the button. His contract was extended to 2020.
NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke Extends Contract | Variety
I remember a few months back when Staggs got pushed out at Disney, the Disneyphiles on Disney sites were gleefully saying Burke will succeed Iger. They will be crying again on the Dis boards.....Why would Burke want to slum it and go to Disney when he could stay with a corporation that believes in aggressive investment in it's product. Well, he answered those people.....This is certainly good news for Universal future expansions.

Secret Live of Pets up to $296 million domestic. And what's really outstanding is it's doing just about $5000 a screen, which is really good for a release out this long.

I'll say this once, the box office shouldn't be something to look at for this point. It's made over 395 million dollars combined with International; and that China, a big market is going to get this on Tuesday; we don't need to look at it anymore. It's made Five times the production budget of the film at this point; we don't need to worry about it not coming to UOR.

That being said..

With Fast & Furious opening in 2018 I would look for this to open in 2019.

If I was in Universal's shoes; shutter the Toon Lagoon Theatre as fast as possible and get working for 2018.

I'll say this once, the box office shouldn't be something to look at for this point. It's made over 395 million dollars combined with International; and that China, a big market is going to get this on Tuesday; we don't need to look at it anymore. It's made Five times the production budget of the film at this point; we don't need to worry about it not coming to UOR.

That being said..

If I was in Universal's shoes; shutter the Toon Lagoon Theatre as fast as possible and get working for 2018.
Indeed, if it's even going into IOA that is

Indeed, if it's even going into IOA that is

I would think that IOA (more in particular, TLA) would be the most logical location to have it; for one big reason.

The park is having to deal with capacity issues; and this is a venue that is hardly used for the theme parks itself. It's also an area that is a "Dead" space; allowing more flow to be possibly available for Toon Lagoon and MSHI in a strange sense.

In my opinion; having it replace the Ampatheatre makes sense in a few way's; but that is just me.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I would think that IOA (more in particular, TLA) would be the most logical location to have it; for one big reason.

The park is having to deal with capacity issues; and this is a venue that is hardly used for the theme parks itself. It's also an area that is a "Dead" space; allowing more flow to be possibly available for Toon Lagoon and MSHI in a strange sense.

In my opinion; having it replace the Ampatheatre makes sense in a few way's; but that is just me.

Me too. having it replace Shrek means we don't get it for many many many years. They can't afford to lose Shrek Capacity until Nintendo is up and running.

Plus IOA needs more indoor, non-water rides. Also IOA has had two rides built since it was created, it really needs more new additions.

Wanted to add my daughter is not a fan of Mcdonalds. Well we have been to a lot of them on this road trip because they have changing tables and is fast to eat. She has not complained once and in fact is now asking for them, why? Stupid Slop animals is what they are handing out in the kid's meal. She wants them all lol

Me too. having it replace Shrek means we don't get it for many many many years. They can't afford to lose Shrek Capacity until Nintendo is up and running.

Plus IOA needs more indoor, non-water rides. Also IOA has had two rides built since it was created, it really needs more new additions.

Wanted to add my daughter is not a fan of Mcdonalds. Well we have been to a lot of them on this road trip because they have changing tables and is fast to eat. She has not complained once and in fact is now asking for them, why? Stupid Slop animals is what they are handing out in the kid's meal. She wants them all lol

Combined with the insane popularity of SLoP; it make's sense on a marketing standpoint to get this IP as a full-fledged attraction to the parks as fast as possible.

Reactions: Mike S and IzzyB

You can buy them in the restaurants. If you ask they will sell you the toys, or sometimes just "gift" them to you if the employee is feeling generous. Don't have to eat the food to get the toys.

You can buy them in the restaurants. If you ask they will sell you the toys, or sometimes just "gift" them to you if the employee is feeling generous. Don't have to eat the food to get the toys.

Seriously? That is awesome. We very rarely get fast food. Until this trip my 5 year old daughter probably had less than 15 happy meals in her lifetime, it would be less but grandma takes her sometimes.

Seriously? That is awesome. We very rarely get fast food. Until this trip my 5 year old daughter probably had less than 15 happy meals in her lifetime, it would be less but grandma takes her sometimes.

My son worked at Mickey D's for his first job a few years ago. He sold, or 'gave away' toys from time to time.

While I get why a movie about pets - creatures that way over half the population have and many that don't have an affinity for certain animals - am I the only one who found the actual movie forgettable? Not that it would matter as long as the ride is great.

Reactions: Mike S