Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Galaxy Defender

V.I.P. Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Secret Life of Pets is getting a trackless system dark ride with AAs in Hollywood. Ground has been cleared for a while and construction should start any time. Rumor is the delay comes from what version would be built based on how well the movie did at the box office. As of today it has passed the original Despicable Me in domestic box office and should finish over 300M domestic. It had the biggest opening weekend for a non sequel animated movie in history. They spent quite a bit marketing it not only to families but also to pet owners to help turn it into the latest Illumination franchise.

The original rumor was this ride would be in Orlando next year at the old Toon Lagoon theater. The plans changed with the ride going in Hollywood first then Orlando a year later, putting a start date here in 2017. There has been quite a bit of speculation if it might go in the Shrek theater or even somewhere in the New York area of US, since the movie itself is based in NY. Toon Lagoon is currently filled with merchandise from the movie, which suggests TL theater is still the likely site.

A thread for this has been in the USH folder for a while, but it gets mentioned in many UO threads so it seemed like time to bring the conversation in one spot over here. Are you looking forward to this ride? Happy that an AA dark ride will once again be built? Have an opinion of where it will go in the parks?
6766_5028.png

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this was originally on the UOR section; although I think it may actually be the best move to have two separate threads because both could have changes externally as opposed to internally the building.

That being said, maybe it would of been a better idea for when it's announced in the near future to create this thread as opposed to now? In any case, box office shouldn't be any factor at this point, as it has made quadruple the times of the film's budget so-far (and keep in mind, that may not be taking account into the marketing of the film, but it should of past that by now too).

It's been greenlit for USH, the question is whether or not Orlando is greenlit sooner so they can strike while the irons hot, albeit much more faster than Frozen (Even though they did launch a mini-show at first; it didn't exactly capitalize on the IP). Another thing to note is whether or not we may see additional features added but I think we'll find out soon enough, if we get more of it from other insiders that have had rather good background knowledge.

As for who to follow for the time being, check on how the project goes for USH as we'll probably get a good outline of what the shape could be for Orlando's ride building; but who knows even then. As for who to get information out of, Inside Universal; Parkscope; Orlando Informer and here on Orlando United, we should be getting more hopefully soon as the film has became a success financially.

Something I do want to note; is that even as I did bring some very solid facts to the post, it is all subjective to opinion. I may be right or I may be wrong, so you may as well take the posts as you may. To be honest; if everything sounds true about SLoP, I won't complain about the screenz issue that USH has had.

Last edited:
I read the first 5 pages of the other thread before posting. It is always interesting to read the early pages of a long thread. The original rumor was to have the ride in TL. As the rumor changed the thread moved. I don't think there is much doubt it is coming here. It is mainly a matter of when and where. Good topics for a discussion.

I could not remember what was first in that theater. Turns out it was a show called Pandemonium Cartoon Circus featuring TL characters doing circus acts. It only lasted a year. An image search keeps turning up the same one image. Here it is as a sort video:

Anyone curious to see what IOA and TL looked like in the early days should check out this promotional video:

Hoping it comes to Orlando soon in it's original form, which is a trackless dark ride primarily with AA's. This is the type of attraction that Orlando needs to add some balance to their attraction list. Due to potential capacity issues at Studios once Nintendo deconstruction and construction begins, the rarely used Toon Lagoon theater is probably the target build area.

Reactions: Mike S and Ultranel
Hoping it comes to Orlando soon in it's original form, which is a trackless dark ride primarily with AA's. This is the type of attraction that Orlando needs to add some balance to their attraction list. Due to potential capacity issues at Studios once Nintendo deconstruction and construction begins, the rarely used Toon Lagoon theater is probably the target build area.
Not sure how much it means, but MiceChat mentioned in their recent USH update that the rumored SLoP plot is rumored to be a "Simulator type attraction". Not sure if they just have bad info or if plans changed. I sincerely hope it's just bad info.

Not sure how much it means, but MiceChat mentioned in their recent USH update that the rumored SLoP plot is rumored to be a "Simulator type attraction". Not sure if they just have bad info or if plans changed. I sincerely hope it's just bad info.
Mice Chat doesn't have much of a track record on Universal information, so it doesn't worry me at this stage. But, like you, I would be disappointed if Universal veered away from the original plans of nine scenes with mostly AA's.

Yeah, where did they all go? It was kind of refreshing not being the jerk for once.
Not to kick out any site names, but there's a couple that are dominated by very "rude mean spirited" posters, so maybe they all "migrated" in a herd over there.....Seriously though, it's great to have different opinions on subjects, that helps keep the conversations going. But it's so much better when those disagreements are done in a respectful civil manner. And that's why I love OU. :)

Not to kick out any site names, but there's a couple that are dominated by very "rude mean spirited" posters, so maybe they all "migrated" in a herd over there.....Seriously though, it's great to have different opinions on subjects, that helps keep the conversations going. But it's so much better when those disagreements are done in a respectful civil manner. And that's why I love OU. :)

We just have a terrible time sticking to topic.. oh wait.. poop :topic: