SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Stranger things have happened, but SeaWorld is in seek of an approval from Corporate to work with Intamin on this project. Also, don't expect any winged coasters around the SeaWorld theme parks... they weren't 'loved' during the R&D phase.

Stranger things have happened, but SeaWorld is in seek of an approval from Corporate to work with Intamin on this project. Also, don't expect any winged coasters around the SeaWorld theme parks... they weren't 'loved' during the R&D phase.

I'd be pretty excited for an Intamin hyper! I wonder what trains they will use though (regular or the winged design found on Skyrush). If it is a Skyrush-style coaster, I really hope they improve the restraints though (Skyrush is an awesome hyper, but the restraints kind of crush the legs :/).

Interesting that they're not doing any Wing Coasters. I, for the record, experienced my first two Wing Coasters this summer (Flug at Heide Park and Wild Eagle at Dollywood) and found them very fun, my favorite being Wild Eagle of the two. Kind of a shame we won't see one yet, but hey I'd take an Intamin hyper any day! :happy:

Last edited:
Unless they can make the wing coaster a bit more intense, I'd rather SWPs not have any. They are pretty much a tame version of a floorless sitting outside of the tracks. Don't get me wrong. They are fun and I can see them doing some excellent theming with them, but personally a hyper and/or giga would fill the void.

Seaworld has two amazing B&M's. They don't need anymore looping ones. The only B&M coaster that would be a good addition would be a giga or hyper. I'd rather see a launch coaster.

Seaworld has two amazing B&M's. They don't need anymore looping ones. The only B&M coaster that would be a good addition would be a giga or hyper. I'd rather see a launch coaster.

I wouldn't mind a B&M launch Wing Coaster like Thunderbird at Holiday World. But I think we'll be seeing an Intamin Hyper before that, while BGT builds a giga. And I would absolutely be thrilled if that happens!

I am wondering if we actually might see a smaller ride come soon. They installed a basketball game by Kraken called "Kraken Dunk", made me thing that they could get rid of the games area by Shamy Harbor and put something there. Granted, times are bad for seaworld, but if they want to get more people in, then they will have to offer something new.