SeaWorld Food Rumor | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Food Rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 18, 2010
Dover, Florida
I have been hearing ramblings of SeaWorld parks in general, partnering with a major restaurant company, that would incoperate some of its brands into the park..

Last edited:
I have been hearing ramblings of SeaWorld parks in general, partnering with a major Florida based restaurant company, that would incoperate some of its brands into the parks....

CONFIRMED!!

HootersGirls_wings.jpg

But seriously, maybe Darden Restaurants?

Replace Sharks with a Red Lobster? Seems a bad move. But only other FL restaurant companies I can think of are Hard Rock--kind of tied up--and Burger King, which seems even more random.

It would be a bad move to replace Sharks with pretty much any chain brand. I would assume the changes would be coming to other restaurants around the resort.

I did some research and there is also Bloomin' Brands (Outback, Carrabba's, Bonefish, and Fleming's).

I would like to think bonefish, outback and Flemings might be a perfect fit, as blooming brands is seeing major expansion of its bonefish and outback brand.

Last edited:
I would like to think bonefish, outback and Flemings might be a perfect fit, as blooming brands is seeing major expansion of its bonefish and outback brand.

Yeah, forgot about Outback, good call. Bonefish could work in the Sharks space, roughly comparable level of sophistication I think. (Unlimited mimosas at Shark Bar would make for an epic Sunday.) I doubt they would tarnish Fleming's by associating it with a theme park. As for Outback and Carabbas--how do you possibly theme those to SW?

I believe any sea food place would be recieved wrongly at the moment...Outback is a great idea...

Will probably be Sweet Tomato's though...

I don't see any of that happening, but stranger things have happened in the past. Personally, I haven't heard any of these rumors from my SeaWorld friends so I would either say it's wishful thinking or the Dippin' Dots guy has brain freeze.

Landry's is the king of the themed restaurants(Aquarium, Rainforest, TRex) and can do one off's to meet park specs(Yak and Yeti) and they know concessions (Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Pleasure Peir). Heck, Kemah is a collection of their restaurants mixed with rides ant to a smaller extent so is Galveston PP.

If it isn't Laundry's, then I think this is a worrying sign for SeaWorld. Cedar Fair has done this with Cedar Point (and others?), and it cheapens the experience a bit. When Famous Dave's is inside the park, what makes in-park dining special from out-of-park dining?

I'm sure both sides made plenty of money from the deal. But, this could be a trade-off of theming vs money from a park that has little of either.

Landry's is the king of the themed restaurants(Aquarium, Rainforest, TRex) and can do one off's to meet park specs(Yak and Yeti) and they know concessions (Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Pleasure Peir). Heck, Kemah is a collection of their restaurants mixed with rides ant to a smaller extent so is Galveston PP.

But Landry's is based in TX, not FL. And has a strong relationship with WDW I don't see them jeopardizing.

Where did this rumor come from? Food has always been something SeaWorld Parks are good at. I dont see them wanting to go outside the company for it.