RUMOR: Blues Brothers Stage to be demolished | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

RUMOR: Blues Brothers Stage to be demolished

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But thing is, HHN can and will adjust. The park is only going to keep changing, and it won't stay stagnant for a one month event, no matter how popular and profitable it is. The event can adjust for other locations.

I do hope they get rid of Cartooniversal, or at least give it a new streamlined exterior or sign. I wonder how much longer they'll have the tiny remainder of the NY Facades. Personally I'd wanna expand the NY facades all along towards the Hollywood Grill. (Or preferably expand the NY theme the other way, and have it take over Shrek and make that theme into a NY Broadway theatre, and have Shrek be the resident act)

Obviously daytime operations are going to be a priority over HHN, but they can't just wipe out every single venue and say, "tough crap Murdy and everyone."
Well, they sort-of can. With the revitalization of the Upper Lot as a whole, it's just becoming harder and harder to squeeze mazes in there. This is why I think the relocation of the event in its entirety down to the Lower Lot and Backlot is becoming more and more probable.

Well, they sort-of can. With the revitalization of the Upper Lot as a whole, it's just becoming harder and harder to squeeze mazes in there. This is why I think the relocation of the event in its entirety down to the Lower Lot and Backlot is becoming more and more probable.
Well, they must at least give some thought to Halloween Horror Nights in the long term. After all, it's a considerable source of income for the park.

Yeah, SOME thought, but it's very secondary on Universal's priority list, especially now with the park being completely revitalized.

USH For 11 Months of the year (and every year) > HHN one month.
No one was disputing that, but I do think Universal tries to consider its seasonal events when they plan some aspects of the park.

No, of course, I didn't say anyone was disputing it, I'm just simply reiterating how tiny it is in comparison to the overall scope of the park and how it's run. :)

Hell, they can get rid of the event completely and USH will be fine believe it or not.

Look at Grinchmas. Ridiculously scaled back because of the construction. Yes, it's not the same as HHN, they're not on the same scope, but the event is nowhere near to how it used to be.

I think after Potter, USH will have a better sense of the space it has to work with for both of its seasonal events.

But I see it this way. HHN is a different team at USH. They work around anything the main USH operations throws at them.

I'm just saying hypothetically. I know it brings in a lot, probably double that of any other month, but USH can survive without it if need be is all I'm saying.

I doubt we'll ever see it end, it's ridiculously popular, I know people who only ever go to USH during that time.

But I'm curious if they'll start to scale back the adult nature of the event little by little eventually...

With the Blues Brothers stage and Hollywood Photoland going away, one has to think what Universal is planning to do to the House of Horrors building.

Straight out demolition or extensive refurbishment? If they choose the former, can they complete the venue in time for summer 2015?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite obvious that they're striving to completely transform the Upper Lot in time for Springfield and Potter, so I believe whatever is taking House of Horrors' spot won't just be a simple gut-and-refurbish job. Even then, I still find a mid-2015 opening very reasonable.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I still think mid-2015 will make sense, especially with crowds coming in for F&F (have we forgotten about that? Haha) and Springfield.

With Blues Brothers stage being removed, and with the plain looking front of the HOH wall right behind it, I wonder if they'll extend the new facade all the way to the corner of the building. They can add a brand new facade without having to demolish the entire building.