RUMOR: Blues Brothers Stage to be demolished | Inside Universal Forums

RUMOR: Blues Brothers Stage to be demolished

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 8, 2013
Hill Valley California
So I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the blues brothers stage (the one by the House of Horrors) will be torn down. This makes sense seeing that Horror Nights is now over and that area will be under construction for the new food venue, speaking of which the Hollywood Grill is also closed as well, also the benches have been removed from the stage. They are still doing the show but the guests must sit on the floor.

Reactions: William
This gets me interested...the closures and the stage demolishings...they are planning something big for the old house of horrors area thats for sure.

This gets me interested...the closures and the stage demolishings...they are planning something big for the old house of horrors area thats for sure.

comparing the space between globe, HOH and the blues brother stage and The Right side of Fantasyland they may have enough room to at least fit two to three dark rides...but we know they're not gonna do it. =/

with this being rumored now and with HOH and HollywoodPhotoland closed it makes me question, how big will the new thing be? it's pretty much now getting a interesting spot and i'm almost starting to doubt the Dining/retail/entertainment as that's too big for just a dining and Retail, unless if its going to be a huge change which revolves on them needing that space for more of it then its just gone from wait and see to this could be very big..

I personally don't mind this. Look forward to whatever is coming. 

Do we have an EST. date of when the new facilities are going to open? I'd hope for at least an announcement before 2015.

I hope eventually Blues Brothers, HoH Replacement, + Globe Theatre will be replaced by a dark ride or some sort of attraction as its a nice hunk of space still.

But for now, I hope the HoH replacement will be very very nice.

And another thing is for sure.....a ridiculous amount of USH is becoming a thing of the past and becoming unrecognizable.

comparing the space between globe, HOH and the blues brother stage and The Right side of Fantasyland they may have enough room to at least fit two to three dark rides...but we know they're not gonna do it. =/
Indeed, it is a large amount of space. And I would be very upset if this just gets changed to become retail or something similar. Seems a waste of a promising space to me, just my opinion.

I hope eventually Blues Brothers, HoH Replacement, + Globe Theatre will be replaced by a dark ride or some sort of attraction as its a nice hunk of space still.

But for now, I hope the HoH replacement will be very very nice.

And another thing is for sure.....a ridiculous amount of USH is becoming a thing of the past and becoming unrecognizable.
I realize that, I know there are some stuff in USH that I wonder how its still there...when Is WaterWorld supposed to close by the way? I remember hearing that doesn't have that long to go either. So yeah, seems a large amount of space near the entrance is being changed out.

when Is WaterWorld supposed to close by the way? I remember hearing that doesn't have that long to go either. So yeah, seems a large amount of space near the entrance is being changed out.
No one knows. Hopefully, Universal will save the best for last.

I'm hoping it has at least another 15 years (But that's probably unlikely).

First off, lemme talk the rumor. If this is true, then GOOD. This is what they should've done since Plaza was finished. I hope to see the Blues Brothers moved to plaza.

About the HoH building, I honestly don't think there's too much space they can use for the attraction. Oh sure, that and the Globe Theater combined would make a descent amount of space for an attraction, butwehn you take into account that there needs to be a queue space AND sace for people to squeeze by, I don't think that's probability. Besides, Uni needs a full-service restaurant and Globe could use a "rent-out space"; not to mention that it is a potential future maze venue for Horror Nights. HHN needs more large-space venues pretty badly.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
First off, lemme talk the rumor. If this is true, then GOOD. This is what they should've done since Plaza was finished. I hope to see the Blues Brothers moved to plaza.

About the HoH building, I honestly don't think there's too much space they can use for the attraction. Oh sure, that and the Globe Theater combined would make a descent amount of space for an attraction, butwehn you take into account that there needs to be a queue space AND sace for people to squeeze by, I don't think that's probability. Besides, Uni needs a full-service restaurant and Globe could use a "rent-out space"; not to mention that it is a potential future maze venue for Horror Nights. HHN needs more large-space venues pretty badly.
Full service restaurant? Like the Marvel Mania one they used to have? I remember that, it was quite a bit of fun...

HHN venues are never top priority to the park's contractors. HHN will shape itself around the park's infrastructure appropriately.
Thank you!!! So many people think that it's the other way around. HHN, while a big money maker and hit, is a temporary one month event. They'll work around any new development or design USH goes through.

Which is why I'd also like to see Jurassic Park's extended queue (which usually holds a maze) become a new family spinner like Dino Soarin' or Pteradon Flyers. I'd love for us to have a more cohesive and expanded mini Jurassic Park land. A family spinner on the lower lot, which is filled with the parks most intense attractions, would benefit the lower lot greatly.

I think it'd be cool to put a new permanent Mummy themed maze into the Mummy extended queue as well....or something!

There's a bunch of little underused spaces that USH can use around the park.

As for Blues Brothers being demolished, all I can say is....FINALLY. They don't even have to replace it with anything in my opinion, just demolishing it and creating a wider path would be nice as well! Ideally I'd love to see that extra square footage be used for the HoH replacement but I doubt they'll have time for that.

Well, the chairs are back in their original positions for what it's worth.
I wonder why they removed them in the first place. kinda seems odd. maybe they needed to repair the benches...perhaps their animatronics need some tuning up...I mean its not like they have any other ride in need of serious maintenance right now <_<

...or maybe they decided to keep the benches around longer before the stage actually gets demolished? They really just need to permanently relocate it to Universal Plaza, and replace it with something that only takes up half of its current space in order to widen the path. Maybe a big Art Deco planter or something?

A planter or nice ornate fountain would be cute. You can never have too many fountains. It adds do much to the atmosphere.

I really think they should create a more semi-permanent art deco stage structure in Universal Plaza. The ones they've been using look so ugly and temporary and all metal and...bleh. they should make it Art deco and blend in with the area, but also make it general enough that it can be changed over to a Grinchmas stage or something else if need be.

I am surprised that with the current drought, SSFL still keeps the water effects on.  I am afraid that water effects may become as scarce as fire effects soon.

On topic:

The benches could have been removed for a day for measuring purposes.

Since that whole area is being re-themed for the plaza, I wonder if they will have any plans to remove or at least retheme Cartooniversal. I'm sure it will look very hodge-podgy once the new dining/shopping venues are finished.

HHN venues are never top priority to the park's contractors. HHN will shape itself around the park's infrastructure appropriately.
I would agree with this. I just think they can only take that so far. Obviously daytime operations are going to be a priority over HHN, but they can't just wipe out every single venue and say, "tough crap Murdy and everyone."

Last edited by a moderator: