Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
they really need to do some updating on Imhotep's animatronics, USO's Mummy is the best and I ride it 3, 4 times a visit but it really takes away from it when you can see the Robot arm jutting out of the tomb. But yes, seeing as to many of the times Ive ridden it I like to look up and see if i notice anything different and something has to be done with the rotating room and better disguising the catwalks.

It's kinda crazy before I got on to this sight I thought I knew alot about universal and theme parks in general. I was wrong :p

Geez did Universal get a deal on Infitec 4K projectors or what???

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular uses something in the Christie - Mirage series.

Aaaah... that syncs with what someone told me about Spidey. It would make sense that Uni would stay with the same company and distributor here in Orlando. Anyway, I have been told that there are a total of 13 projectors on Mummy. Wow right? I wouldn't have guessed that. Now that I know however, I will tell you that this is a nearly 3 million dollar enhancement, all unannounced. Other news is that the CGI has not been redone yet. I would expect an announcement once some other things are executed, like new CGI.

I would have thought many of you would be really wowed by this news... but most of you are acting 'so what'. I for one am very impressed.

The news is awesome. The money is flowing through the resort like never before and I cannot wait to see the difference!

I've ridden for times this week, most recently this afternoon and noticed no difference. But I'm sure the new animation will do wonders.

My question is, why replace Mummy's projectors before Potters? :lol: (I know why, the quality on FJ just irks me)

Anyone remember when IAAPA a few years back or a couple years back featured the Revenge of The Mummy, the psychological thrillride is reborn type teaser poster? I forget what it said exactly. I think we figured out it was pretty much just for the fact that Singapore was heavily under work but I do remember people speculating what could be going on.

I am surprised Universal is not making a deal over this plussing. Granted it is no Spidey in popularity of character, ride or scope of upgrade, but I am shocked that Facebook or other social PR has not mentioned it to generate simple buzz. Maybe just too early. Either way, I hope it is happening.

Anyone remember when IAAPA a few years back or a couple years back featured the Revenge of The Mummy, the psychological thrillride is reborn type teaser poster? I forget what it said exactly. I think we figured out it was pretty much just for the fact that Singapore was heavily under work but I do remember people speculating what could be going on.

I am surprised Universal is not making a deal over this plussing. Granted it is no Spidey in popularity of character, ride or scope of upgrade, but I am shocked that Facebook or other social PR has not mentioned it to generate simple buzz. Maybe just too early. Either way, I hope it is happening.

Well hang on because this whole thing makes me think that ROTM could be the next to get the Ride Reborn treatment in 2013. Spiderman did the exact same thing long before it ever went "down" for a refurb. Universal is just starting the upgrades and from the sound of it there is much more on the way. You don't just sink 3 million into a ride for the heck of it. This is going to be a great thing to come to an already fantastic attraction. There are a lot of possibilities here but we'll save that for another day. The main thing though is it looks like Universal is already gearing up for another "year to be here" type promotion.

2013 Possible Line Up
USF
An ALL NEW Revenge of the Mummy
Universal's House of Horrors (SS44)
FF Replacement
IOA
New Show in TL Theater or Addition to JP

Well hang on because this whole thing makes me think that ROTM could be the next to get the Ride Reborn treatment in 2013. Spiderman did the exact same thing long before it ever went "down" for a refurb. Universal is just starting the upgrades and from the sound of it there is much more on the way. You don't just sink 3 million into a ride for the heck of it. This is going to be a great thing to come to an already fantastic attraction. There are a lot of possibilities here but we'll save that for another day. The main thing though is it looks like Universal is already gearing up for another "year to be here" type promotion.

2013 Possible Line Up
USF
FF Replacement
IOA

I hope you're right about this. Because honestly, that's a great line-up.

2013 Possible Line Up
USF
FF Replacement
IOA

I might have just peed a little :lol:

A Mummy upgrade would be phenomenal.

Even if that's not the case, though, it's exciting just to see upgrades across the board-- not doing things for the sake of immediate promotions, but just because they should be getting done. I might have to add the Studios to my IoA-centric July plans now just to check the new details out.

^ Yeah... I told you that on Tuesday. And there is more yet to come! Beyond projectors... oooooh. :look:

Oooooh indeed... Hmm.... wish list:

-Updated projectors/CGI --- happening! (latter isn't confirmed, but if they're doing the former...)

-Restored lighting to Imhotep I scene (if we're getting crazy, totally redoing that scene!)

-Singapore's ending replaces the Coffee video (pleaseeee)

-Fix lighting in the turntable sequence

-Actual animation for the Warrior Mummies in the Treasure Room (probably won't happen due to how the scene is set up, but I'll dream)

-Addition of the "hanging limbs" sequence from the beginning of Hollywood's ride to the transition between Imhotep I & Treasure Room (will never happen but again I'll dream)

If even one or two of those besides the already confirmed projection upgrades happened, I'd be a happy camper.

Reactions: Cwoolboy