Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They definitely need to do SOMETHING with the first Imhotep AA. I remember when I first went on the ride he seemed real, his movements were fluid and I honestly couldn't tell he was an AA. Now he's just in shabby shape, really sad. They really need to spruce him up a good bit.

I'd love to see them put some air effects in the bug room scene. They say it's a psychological thrill ride, I think that would make it better.

Like have the air effects on the car and when the bugs come out spray the riders, like they do in Shrek

I'd love to see them put some air effects in the bug room scene. They say it's a psychological thrill ride, I think that would make it better.

Like have the air effects on the car and when the bugs come out spray the riders, like they do in Shrek

Pretty sure the ride used to have leg ticklers and water sprayers when the bugs dropped and the lights went out. But I could be mistaking that for an effect that never was. To hard to remember these things after they have not worked in so many years.

Pretty sure the ride used to have leg ticklers and water sprayers when the bugs dropped and the lights went out. But I could be mistaking that for an effect that never was. To hard to remember these things after they have not worked in so many years.

There was a spray of water to simulate blood splattering - it works fairly often in the Fake Unload when the glass shatters, oddly enough, but very rarely in the Scarab scene (lately I've gotten like half a drop - if I wasn't expecting it I wouldn't notice it). There were never leg ticklers, unfortunately - those were announced as an enhancement to Hollywood's version sometime after their opening. Never made its way over here.

There was a spray of water to simulate blood splattering - it works fairly often in the Fake Unload when the glass shatters, oddly enough, but very rarely in the Scarab scene (lately I've gotten like half a drop - if I wasn't expecting it I wouldn't notice it).

That's what that was supposed to be? I feel really dumb now, haha. The last time I was in the Studios (granted, this was like three years ago), I got to ride Mummy ten or eleven times back to back and I felt the water every time but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was meant for.

Everything makes sense now.

There was a spray of water to simulate blood splattering - it works fairly often in the Fake Unload when the glass shatters, oddly enough, but very rarely in the Scarab scene (lately I've gotten like half a drop - if I wasn't expecting it I wouldn't notice it). There were never leg ticklers, unfortunately - those were announced as an enhancement to Hollywood's version sometime after their opening. Never made its way over here.

Ok well at least a Mummy had ticklers at one point :lol:

Funny, everytime I felt a few sprinkles on Mummy I just assumed it was the A/C ducts on the ceiling sweating and dripping... really! That's what I thought!
Haha well I can't blame you as I have not felt water AT ALL the 6 or so times i've ridden. Just another sign that Mummy needs love. The projectors will at least enhance "the realness factor". As for other upgrades I also want that animatronic fixed. My whole family laughed at it including my mom, who is scared of everything.

Typed up a wish list:

- Hide the godforsaken Exit signs in some way, shape, or form.
- Hanging limbs in the first scene. We need that sense of dread and a disturbed/possessed film set. We also need something to cover that black ceiling. Just because it's painted black doesn't mean we can't see it. Completely enveloping the eye means full immersion.
- Updated Imhotep/Warning Dude. Jesus, if this is the only thing we get, I will be happy.
- Fix this: "Or refuse... *inaudible*"
- Better lighting/more effects in the turntable/launch scene. Making the mummy's face red flanked with fire within both eyes would be nice.
- No more cutouts. Ever. Instead, replace with projections and cloth screens. Universal has the money for more 4K's. Use it.
- Updated tomb/climax/ending scenes. Pretending like the ride is over just doesn't work for the story's flow, even if it were believable. Instead, use this moment as a climax. Afterwards, with the little time that's left in the ride, let us find a way to defeat Imhotep by acquiring the Magi in a way other than just flying past it. And PLEASE update the ending. Preferably to something like Singapore's, except more frightening. Make it look in the unloading zone as though the tomb is becoming the sound stage for the film set once more.
- Updated store. The ceiling should be themed to include lots of various props, and a large one could keep interest pointed upwards.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The mummy animatronic has always driven me nuts for ONE reason... It is programmed like a amateur actor... Everytime he says "HALT" or what ever he says... his palm of 'stop' goes up AFTER he says it! Where ever you are right now... yell across the room 'halt' while at the same time you hold up the palm of your hand to stop the imaginary intruder. The heel of your hand will hit on HA, and the fingers straighten on LT. All it is, is timing and yet it has never been reprogrammed... if anything, the palm should be EARLY. (seven years and I ain't never told no one... it's been difficult)

I remember the very first time I rode this when it opened, I was so anticipating the leg ticklers but never felt anything to this day. I have felt water in the glass shatter scene but not consistently, but yes as much as I adore this ride all of these things you guys have mentioned need to be replaced. In fact I really would like to see a few completely NEW scenes. I could ride this thing over and over all day but it needs some much needed improvement

The first time I rode this neither Imhotep AA had been installed yet :thumbs:

Went on it yesterday and you can really notice the new projector in the scarab scene. Really, really bright. Also, like someone mentioned, the turntable room is a lot brighter than before, ruins the effect really.

^ I don't believe they are really calibrating them yet until all five projectors are installed (in that scene). I wish they would paint the gold room screen black and project brightly onto that.... the white screen is so dumb looking. A musion effect would even work well there.