Penguin Trek (2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Penguin Trek (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nothing says immersive like riding around in the Florida summer heat on a snowmobile to reach some penguins.

Almost surreal seeing themed/dark ride concept art come from SeaWorld these days, but it does look good. I wonder how much of the old queue and ride path will be reused here.
It looks like it’s just rock work and potentially the soap snow effect. Better than what they’ve been building, but I would be hesitant to call it a dark ride.

Nothing says immersive like riding around in the Florida summer heat on a snowmobile to reach some penguins.

It looks like it’s just rock work and potentially the soap snow effect. Better than what they’ve been building, but I would be hesitant to call it a dark ride.
Oh, it's absolutely not a dark ride by definition. But that it even has dark ride elements is more than can be said for anything built at this park since, well, the actual Antarctica dark ride that it's replacing. SWO is still going to be without a single indoor ride, or a single major ride that isn't a thrill ride, or a single ride that operates during the daily rainstorms or other sub-optimal weather conditions. Hopefully working on this project shows the company that rides inside a building aren't as scary as they seem to think, and their next projects will be building one or two indoor rides in the former Wild Arctic building and the adjacent space in Sesame Street land.

I was thinking something similar. You go through the indoor section with air conditioning and fake snow and then blast out into 100 degree heat. A little disjointed. Still, looks like it might be a nice family coaster while replacing a failed attraction.

Reactions: tankart150
This addition and the others announced have me really excited for what SeaWorld does next. I think it’s very important to get back to their original theming. More projects like these especially the one in San Diego with the aquarium.

Reactions: tankart150
They have been doing small updates and changes to animal exhibits and habitats over the past year or two that have been positive moves to reinforce their original sea life focus. Things like the introduction of the hammerhead sharks to the shark encounter:

Overall they are trying to diversify, but they understand that the animals are still a big part of the draw to the parks.

I think this particular addition will bring life back to the penguin exhibit that has been missing since the old ride closed, and I think it's a positive addition to the park.

I saw a lot of complaints about how passholders with little kids don't think a 42" height requirement is "family friendly" but there is an array of rides in Sesame that are already filling that roll. I still think the next addition will be at the Wild Arctic building and (hopefully) be a Sesame dark ride, assuming that any exclusivity contract for Port Aventura has lapsed (it will be 5 years in 2024). We'll see...

They have been doing small updates and changes to animal exhibits and habitats over the past year or two that have been positive moves to reinforce their original sea life focus. Things like the introduction of the hammerhead sharks to the shark encounter:
We’ll see how that goes. Hammerheads do terribly in captivity.

They actually had hammerheads before, when Terrors of the Deep first opened. But the hammerheads kept losing it, basically, and would smash their heads against the glass (side to side, like a hammer) to try and get out until they killed themselves.